The Scores

I bow to the Peacekeepers astonished faces. I smile at them. The bell rings and I place the bow back and skip out of there. I feel so good. It went just as I wanted it to. Especially that last part. Hopfully it dosent go against my score. I skip to the elevator and egarly press the 12 button. I arrive in the room just as dinner is being served. "So, what did you do in training." Tersilla asks. I look at Rick. "Well," he says. "I got a whip and ripped some heads off and made marks on the target, and then I threw some heavy balls around." "Interesing, and you Talia?" Reina says. Everyone looks at me. "Well," I start. "First, I did some fancy moves on the balance beam and they didnt notice me loading my bow, and I did a perfect shot. Next I shot through fire and it went through a narrow gap, got a Bullseye and the target bursts into flames. And then I put fire in front of 2 of the targets.I had 6 targets.I loaded 3 arrows into my bow, Steped onto a spinning platform, and when it was full speed, I shot. The first arrow hit the target that was behind the fire where the brain is and it burnt, 2nd arrow hit the target that was behind the other fire and it burnt..." "And where did the 3rd arrow land?" Questioned Tersilla. She seemed very eager. So did everyone else. "And" I say to answer her question. "And the last arrow, it hit the Peacekeepers Hog where the eye would be." The atmosphere couldnt have more tense. Tersilla dropped her red wine, You could hear the meat drop from Ricky's fork,and Derick just stared. They all had the face of the Peacekeepers. Well,all of them exept Reina. She was bouncing in her chair with a huge grin. "Talia...you..you...didnt do that..did you?" Tersilla stuttered. "Yea she did Tersilla,dont you listen? Ill be suprised if you dont get a 11, you might even get a 12!" Reina says. "A 12 Reina? Are you out of your mind? Ill be suprised if she even gets a 6!" Derick says. "Well,lets find out what we got shall we?" Rick says. We abandon the food and go check our scores. The Tv flickers on and Wilbert Papillon is sitting at the presenters table. Piper Papillon retired 20 years ago. His cousin took his place. "Hello Panem! Now, lets get straight to the point! The Peacekeepers scored the 12 Tributes. Here are their scores!" He starts reading them in order from District 1. Of course, the Carrers get a score between 10 and 8. Then it was our turn. We wait anxiously. "District 12, Ricky Grendon, age 20, with a score of 8." We pat Rick on the back. I half hug him. Its really good to get a 8 in District 12. Now its my score. "District 12, Talia Kilster, age 19, with a score of..."

He stares at the paper. He goes off stage and we hear whispering. Then he comes back and sits down. "Well, wow, Talia Kilster, with a score of..."

Next thing I know Im being hugged and I hear exited squeals and Reina's shoes bouncing on the floor as I just stare at the screen.

I got a 12. Holy Shit.