The Reaping

Its the day of the reaping and im scared. I cant belive it! Why this Quater Quell. I get up off the bed and find a white Dress with T-shirt sleeves. Mother must have put it out. I pull it on and take a look in the grimy mirror. I look amazing. I go down for some soup and we hear the bell ring. We walk silently to the square. I stand in the area marked "19" and we wait. Then Tersilla comes out. Mum told me that when she was 12 someone called Effie did the Reaping. But she retired and Tersilla took her place. Last year she wore a Red frizzy wig and a red tight shiny dress with sandals. This year she's wearing a Blue long wig with a green T-Shirt with a Aqua 3 layer skirt and blue pumps. "Hello" she says in her high pitched voice. "And welcome to the 150th Hunger Games. We will select a girl and boy to go into the Hunger games. Now, how about we do boys first." She dips her tiger printed hand into the sea of boy names and and reads out "Josh Skyler"

No! Not him! Then I hear someone yell "I volunteer!" I see a man that is in the 20 section. Crazy, he's singing up for death. Then i hear his name. Ricky Grendon. His daughter died last year. And he has no wife. Wow. Then Tersilla pulls out the girls name. "Talia Kilster" thats me! I slowly walk up to the stage. I see my mother and father crying and my best friends. I stay strong and dont cry but its hard.

Im going into the Hunger Games