Chapter 1: The Festival Of Uniformity

In a distant era, a realm known as Unison thrived.

Unison, a world brimming with captivating wonders, beckoned to all who gazed upon its vast and enchanting landscapes. From the resplendent meadows of Bouquet, painted in a riot of colors, to the rugged peaks of Rolling Rock's extensive mountain ranges, this realm held something extraordinary for every soul. Unison teemed with life, from the regal elite to the diligent commoners, welcoming anyone eager to contribute their part.

Nestled amidst Unison's expanse were numerous quaint villages, but the heart of attraction resided in its four bustling commercial hubs: the timber-rich 'Reeds-Stead,' the mineral-rich 'Stone-Briar,' the forging hub of 'An-Vale,' and the seaside farming haven of 'Agraria.' These towns were interconnected by the grandiose political trade city, Harmoni.

Harmoni, a ceaseless whirlwind of activity, never embraced monotony. A spectacle of diversity awaited at every corner, with a myriad of vendors, shops, and stalls offering unique treasures to passersby. Yet, Harmoni's true pulse lay in its royal residents: King Forte, Queen Cadence, and Forte's council-leading brother, Verdant. Beyond trade and politics, the city thrived on a shared love for the musical arts, attracting musicians from distant lands to grace the stage at 'Cadenza's Reprieve,' the local tavern.

King Forte, inheriting his father King Cadenza's passion for music and equality, annually hosted 'The Festival of Uniformity,' a grand event celebrating people, arts, and life.

In Unison, a well-structured hierarchy defined individuals by skill, knowledge, and status, dividing them into four ranks: Regals, Elites, Commoners, and Reprobates.

Regals, blessed with royal lineage, occupied the highest echelon of society.

Elites, born into wealth, distinguished themselves through intelligence, perception, and education. Those excelling in their studies at seventeen could aspire to serve on the king's council.

Commoners, the backbone of Unison, diligently practiced various trades and occupations essential for the kingdom's prosperity.

Reprobates, an enigmatic category, remained apart from conventional society, displaying no inclination toward progress or learning, thus residing as outcasts.

These ranks coexisted in harmony, their roles weaving a tapestry of prosperity for Unison. For countless years, peace graced this land.

One particular day, Forte and Verdant, joined by their council, gathered to discuss plans for the approaching festival. Forte occupied the head of the grand wooden table in the throne room, encircled by his closest advisors. A smile graced his face as they exchanged casual conversation, but when he rose from his seat, signaling the start of the meeting, all fell silent.

"As much as it brings me joy to be in the same room with all of you again, we should get started. In eight days, the festival will be upon us. We have things to discuss."

They began to talk about placing vendors, shops, decorations, and entertainment, among other essential things, such as the opening ceremony at which a giant marble statue of his father would be revealed in the courtyard.

On the day of the festival, people started coming in droves from all over the land, far and wide. Standing on their balcony, Forte and Cadence looked down at the crowd below.

"In all the years we've done this, I don't think I've seen a crowd this big," said Forte, smiling.

Cadence began laughing. "You say that every year, my love, but maybe you're right. Harmoni looks fuller than it has in past years."

Staring over the massive stone wall that was wrapped around Harmoni, she continued. "They're still coming! Look at all those people still headed this way! Incredible!"