tickle fight | s. todoroki x fem!reader

genre: fluff !

warnings: bit of swearing bcs bakugou shows up HAHA

i wrote this a while ago when i was still in my todoroki simp phase DKSJKSK ,, it's not really my best work, but i hope you enjoy nonetheless <3

──────

"Sh-Shouto, you're distracting me."

(Y/N) managed to force the words from her lips, and given that she was currently a blushing mess, it was an admirable feat. She sat beside Shouto in her dorm room, trying to study, but the peppermint-haired boy's hand was resting on her thigh, making it difficult to concentrate. What made it worse was that Shouto knew how easily flustered his girlfriend was, so he was clearly teasing her.

But Shouto's heterochromatic eyes never left his textbook as he smoothly said, "I don't know what you mean, (Y/N). What am I doing wrong?"

"Noth — nothing, I just —"

Shouto moved his fingers, rubbing circles along the girl's thigh.

A small squeak left (Y/N)'s lips. What Shouto didn't know was that her thigh happened to be ticklish. So (Y/N) stood rigid, trying to hold in a fit of giggles.

Cute, Shouto thought, a half-smile curving onto his lips. "(Y/N), what did you get for number seven?" he asked, continuing to move his hand.

"I haven't — I haven't done it yet," (Y/N) replied stiffly.

Shouto smirked. "Oh? Can't have you falling behind." He tapped his pen on his paper rhythmically, enjoying the sensation of (Y/N)'s tensed muscles beneath his fingers.

"Shouto, please, it —" (Y/N) broke off. "It —" she tried again, but her words were drowned out by her suddenly cracking up.

Shouto turned his head, slightly alarmed. "(Y/N)?" he said, bewildered.

"It... it ti-tickles!" (Y/N) gasped finally.

Oh. An idea took root in Shouto's mind. "You're ticklish there?" he chuckled lowly, then turned his whole body around in his chair. "In that case...."

In one swift movement, Shouto tackled (Y/N), tickling her in every spot he could think of. He reached for her arms and sides, his fingers skittering along the top of her clothes, making her howl with laughter.

"Shouto! HA — BAHAHAH — I'M GOING TO... AHHAHAH... KILL YOU!" And she made good on her threat. She twisted around and slipped her hands beneath his shirt, knowing his stomach was a ticklish spot for him. The boy's eyes widened, an unbidden grin spreading across his face. He struggled to hold in laughter, while still managing to tickle (Y/N).

"AAAHH... HAHAAAH — Shou — HAHAHA... TRUCE!" (Y/N) squealed. "PLEASE — PFFFFT STOPPP —"

"I'm not — AHAHHA — stopping!" Shouto said defiantly. "You're probably — tricking — meHEHAHAH!"

(Y/N) loved Shouto's laugh, which was normally quiet and reserved, but hearing him lose control like this was a rare opportunity. Naturally, she made the most of it and tickled him harder.

He was wheezing and smiling so much his cheeks must have ached, but that didn't stop him from tickling (Y/N) right back. "This — HAHAH... will teach you... AHAHHA — not to... AAAHHHAH — mess with me!" he puffed out.

"But you — BAHAHA... YOU STARTED — HAAAHAH — IT!"

All studying or productivity forgotten, Shouto pushed (Y/N) further. However, he accidentally caused them to tumble to the ground with a loud thump. He gasped and pulled back from her, concerned. "(Y/N)?! Are you okay?"

(Y/N) placed her hands over her flushed face, groaning, "No. I hate you."

"I'm sorry, are you hurt?" Shouto questioned. He sounded so sincerely apologetic, (Y/N) almost felt bad for what she was about to do.

She slowly removed her hands from her face, sat up...

... And reached over to tickle her poor, unsuspecting boyfriend.

"Wait! AAHAHAHA — I really am sorryHAHAH!" Shouto said between giggles. "Mercy! BAAHHAH PLEASE!"

"I will show no mercy!" (Y/N) crowed, pinning him to the ground. "You get what you pay for!" She left him no openings to tickle back, inflicting him with the full force of her wrath.

The room was filled with Shouto's pleading and laughter, but it didn't look like (Y/N) was going to stop. "You started this, Shouto, I'm just finishing it!" she said, her weaponized fingertips fluttering across his ribs.

"OI, WHAT ARE YOU DUMBASSES DOING IN THERE?" a voice bellowed from outside the door.

(Y/N) froze, suddenly realizing what she was doing. "S-sorry!" she blurted, unsure if she was apologizing to Bakugou or Shouto.

"Hey..." Shouto paused to catch his breath. "Bakugou, isn't it past your bedtime?" he called out after a glance at the clock, which read 8:47.

"SHUT UP, HALF-AND-HALF BASTARD!" Bakugou yelled, his footsteps receding.

(Y/N) turned back to Shouto, who looked adorably disheveled. His cheeks were dusted bright pink, and his hair, usually perfectly combed, stuck out in every direction. But there was humor dancing in his eyes, and a genuine, playful smile on his lips. "Um —" (Y/N) started uncertainly.

"I didn't know you had that in you," Shouto commented, amused. He knew (Y/N) as a meek, composed person, and it was refreshing to see her let loose.

"I-I didn't know you could laugh like that," (Y/N) replied, still internally debating if she had stepped out of line.

It was then that she seemed to realize the position they were in. (Y/N) was directly on top of Shouto, propped up by her outstretched arms, their chests close together. She let out a small yelp and scrambled off of him.

Shouto smirked, noting her red cheeks and her eyes that looked anywhere but at him. "Why so embarrassed, love?" he said, the endearing pet name now a tease.

"Stop... stop teasing me," (Y/N) complained, reaching up to cover her face again.

"A-a-ah." Shouto sat up quickly and took her hands. "Don't cover up that gorgeous face of yours."

(Y/N)'s blush deepened as she looked down at Shouto's fingers intertwining with hers. "Does this mean you don't hate me...?" she mumbled.

"You worry too much. I could never hate you," Shouto told her honestly. He squeezed her hands, making her heart skip a beat, then pressed a soft kiss to her lips.

"I love you." (Y/N) smiled shyly.

"I love you too, (Y/N)."