Tangy

[Themes]

[Angst | Fluff]

[Enemies to ?]

[1800+ words]

[PLOT]

Two enemies get in trouble and get punished by having to do an essay with each other. While doing this essay, one of them starts to realize how much they've hurt the other, and is desperate to make everything right between them.

(•◡•)

A tangy smell is dripping through the bus. The seats are sticky, and the walls are crumbling to ashes as we speak. The stranger sitting beside me is talking loudly on the phone. Have some manners. All I hear is; after-work dinner, definitely getting laid. My hand tightens. The thought of being at Vincent's house makes me want to puke. He probably has a dirty room and a pile of dishes in the sink. Gross.

It's his fault for making me do this anyway. He wouldn't have gotten us both in trouble if he didn't upload that stupid video. But like, what was he thinking when he posted a video of him slapping me in the face and calling me a 'bitch boy'? And the fact that both of us got in trouble says more about the school than anything.

The bus comes to a stop. I force myself off my seat and walk out of the bus. Light rain hits my skin. I walk down the street, turning my head back and forth, trying to find building 16. It felt like hours before I finally got there. I wish it would have taken days.

I sigh before ringing his doorbell. I have to ring three or four times before he opens the door. He's in a wrinkled t-shirt and a pair of shorts. He's wearing fluffy socks and his uneven, bleached hair is disheveled. 

I snort at his unprepared state.

"Finally," I mumble as I push past him, walking into the apartment.

He scoffs, closing the door behind me.

"Why, hello to you too!" he mocks.

I chuckle before switching to my neutral straight face. The TV is on. It's playing some cliché romantic movie. I cringe at the line; Of course, I don't like him! What are you talking about?

It's framed in pure lies. Stupid romance trying to mess with everyone's life. 

"What? You don't like romance?" he teases. "Emotionless freak..."

He mumbles the last part, yet I still hear it. I know I'm more on the logical side, but if I were emotionless, I wouldn't be able to hate his guts. Good thing hate is an emotion, I guess.

"Come on. Let's finish this essay before both of us get expelled."

He grunts at the thought of homework. He's so dumb. I sigh, taking off my shoes and throwing them to the entrance. I sit down on the couch taking out the books I brought.

"Come on. Stop staring and sit down."

He jumps over the couch's backrest, landing right beside me. I flinch at his fast movements. I open my book, scrolling through my notes. I've highlighted the most important bits and made bullet points of the most informational keywords. I've written titles and subtitles. I have everything sorted out. Vincent only makes a confused face.

"How the fuck, do you keep everything this organized?" 

I thought it was obvious. Guess not.

"Mental problems."