181

Chapter 181: An Exception

Qin Kai had just received an order from Li Hanchen asking him to prepare the quarterly financial report.

However, Li Hanchen's next order was for him to buy all the potato chips available on the market.

Despite being paid tens of millions per annum, Qin Kai could not draw a connection between the tasks.

It did not once cross Qin Kai's mind that someone as cool as Mu Sheng would want to eat potato chips, but he certainly knew Li Hanchen was not a fan.

Perhaps they were for Li An.

Qin Kai felt this was the most likely reason. However, it did not seem like Li Hanchen's style to buy snacks for Li An...

"Do you have a problem?" asked Li Hanchen as he raised his head when he noticed Qin Kai was still standing where he was.

"No, Mr. Li. I will get to it right away."

Meanwhile, Mu Sheng was standing beside a quiet lake and looking at its surface.

Li Hanchen and Li An had left first thing in the morning. Since Mu Sheng did not have to work today, she decided to come out for a walk.

She happened to encounter some old men fishing by the lake.

Mu Sheng had spent her entire life in the laboratory and studying, so she had never seen people fishing.

Even though she had a cool personality, she was particularly curious about everything. Mu Sheng saw the old men throwing some string out using a fishing rod and decided to wait for the fish to take the bait.

Please reading- on MYB0 X N O VEL. COM

Since this was a natural lake, its fish were wild and particularly agile, so it was not easy for them to take the bait. Mu Sheng waited for three whole hours.

A white-haired and energetic-looking old man sitting by the lake did not take notice of Mu Sheng at first, but he was later surprised by how patient she was and was terribly amazed. "Young lady, I'm impressed by your patience."

Mu Sheng glanced at him and said nothing as she continued looking at the buoy floating on the lake surface.

The old man was not the chatty sort, but people always tried to make small talk with him. He had surprisingly encountered someone even less talkative than him. "If you are bored waiting, I have a spare fishing rod you can use. Why don't you give it a shot? We can have a little competition while we are at it."

Mu Sheng looked at the lake before she nodded. "Okay."

The old man baited the hook for Mu Sheng. "I tell you. The fish in this lake are super hard to fish, so most people go back empty-handed. Even though I have been fishing for decades, I only manage to catch one after waiting all afternoon."

Mu Sheng threw the line into the lake as the old man spoke and moved the fishing rod gently.

In a matter of seconds, Mu Sheng's line moved.

A black carp over 500 grams got pulled out of the lake.

The old man instantly ate his own words. "You were really lucky."

A minute later, splashing could be heard.

She had caught another fish...

She repeatedly kept succeeding in catching fish.

Everyone stopped fishing and stood dumbstruck as they watched the young lady pull out fish with every flick of her wrist.

The old man was astonished. "H... how did you do it?"