[3] sacrifice

sa·cri·fice (sakrɪfʌɪs)

n. an act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy

recommended song to listen to whilst reading: CANNONBALL - Lea Michele

"Welcome to STYLES, what can I do- Ashton, mate, how's been life?" The British lad welcomed us warmly and gave Ashton a fist bump.

"Harry, oi, she needs a haircut and a new hair color but we're both broke. So would you mind...?" Ashton asked slightly embarrassed as he scratched the back of his head. Harry, on the other hand, seemed very pleased.

"Of course! Your friends are my friends too, so. What's your name love?" He turned to me, his dimple standing out.

"Ariana. Thanks though, for everything." I replied with the same tone.

"Okay then!" Harry clapped his hands before gesturing to the next seat. "I'll just get the tools and then we'll see what for a haircut you want, sweetie."

After he lead me to the chair, he ran to the back of the room and disappeared behind the red silk curtains. Ashton was standing beside me and I looked at my reflection in the mirror, my smile slowly fading as I played with a strand of my hair.

"Ari, something wrong?" Ashton noticed my fear and came behind me, looking at me indirectly through the mirror.

"I don't know, Ash." I mumbled. "I'm not sure if I really want to give up my hair just so I will be seen as a man."

"Hey, we've come this far and I already told you, once we go we can't go back." Ashton started and turned the chair so I was facing him. He also bent down a little bit so there wasn't a monstrous height. "Besides, the minimum you need to cut off is up to your chin. I mean, these days men also wear buns so... But you do know that we definitely need to change your colour."

I stayed still for a while, weighing my options and imagining if I looked well with short. Definitely not, but the bun was probably the best solution.

"Fine. Thank the lord buns are in this year." I muttered, just in time when Harry returned with a kit, containing scissors, brushed, hair products and so on.

"Well then, Ariana. What do you crave for?" Harry started off with a mysterious voice making me giggle.

"I just want chin long hair and a darker shade of brown, I guess. Something that seems very natural to me." I shrugged nonchalantly.

Harry I already got his scissors in handy and a spray bottle filled with water.

"What about this length?" He asked as he held his hand right on the same level as my chin.

I hesitated with my answer and glanced over to Ashton who nodded securing, intending to tell me that everything would end well. I looked back at the mirror again, my brown orbs meeting Harry's emerald green ones and I nodded subtly.

"Okay then. Just relax love and Ashton," With that Harry turned to the Aussie who looked completely dumbfounded, "Ash, you can sit on one of the chairs too If you want."