[1] failure

fail·ure (fāl′yər)

n. The condition or fact of not achieving the desired end or ends

recommended song to listen to whilst reading: FIRE N GOLD - Bea Miller

"Whoever sent that lad out of you two, I sent him home before it even started so you don't have to ask how it went."

I walked past my parents once they opened the front door and let me in. Fact was, after my shift in the local book store a block away, a guy had approached me and came up with the worst and cheesiest pickup line I had ever heard.

"Ariana, darling-" my mother started as she followed me upstairs to my room. My room that I owned for eighteen years now.

I know it was absurd, being eighteen, done with school and still living with your parents, but I wasn't ready to go to uni, nor would I ever be and my mother had been pressuring me ever since to either get a proper job and start looking for love.

That was what I didn't really catch because usually, stereotypical parent should be relieved that their little girl hadn't come home drunk with a man. But no, my parents shared the opinion that I wasn't thinking ahead of my future.

What was I saying, it was my mother who had that opinion. My dad was rather balanced. In some aspects, he was on my side and in others he stood behind his wife.

Why couldn't my mom understand that I was happy now and I wanted to live carefree, not having to think about the rent or all that other buzz.

"I know you were the one who set up the date that by the way, wasn't very classy." I cut her off angrily as I stomped into my room, undoing my ponytail.

"Ariana, you have to know that I only do this because I love you!" Mom reasoned on which I abruptly stopped dead in my tracks.

Slowly I turned on my heel so I was facing her. Then I started to scoff.

"Because you love me? Seriously? That was legitimately the worst excuse I have ever heard!" I laughed sarcastically, clutching my stomach as I stepped out of my black, worn Vans.

"Ariana Grande-Butera! Just listen to me! I let you do many things on your own! When you graduated from high school, I wanted you to go to college but you protested, very long. Lastly I gave in! I let you work in that book store when I could provide you a better one! All I'm asking for you is to finally grow up with a boyfriend! You've never even had one before!"

"Well, I wonder why it is." I scowled as I brushed my hair, my fingers playing with my baby hair. "I simply am not ready yet for a relationship and so you don't have to deal with me anymore, I could also move out! But wait - I've asked you so many times but you rather lock me here at home!"

"We are a family of pride and honour, Ariana!" Mother suddenly barked, making me flinch.

That was the usual conversation she and I had, every single day. And honestly, it got annoying. Very annoying.

"Can we continue this argument later on? I am very tired and not in he mood for talking." I inhaled sharply and pointed to the door, gesturing mother to leave.