Chapter 2.~.Strange.

it's a Parker pov for once yippee also more of a luxury dark dynamic in the start of this one if ykwim
TW: stalking(?)
Parker POV:
We found a house for Matilda, but I thought it looked quite odd. Chester and Matilda told me to calm down and said that I was being dramatic. "Cmon dude! If it's bad we can find a better one or something." Chester nudged me. "You're right.." I sighed. "We should get the keys for it in about a week.. that's a bit early but whatever." I was still overall found it a bit sketchy, the fact the house looked a bit run down, that we were getting the keys earlier than a normal house — Now, don't get me wrong. I understand that houses can be owned by multiple people before, I wasn't expecting a nice, new build anyway. It's just that something about that house didn't sit right with me. Chester shuffled in his seat uncomfortably and then I realised that we had all been sitting in silence for about 5 minutes. Had I really been thinking for that long? I sighed "We should probably get up and do something. It's already quarter-past twelve." Chester and Matilda nodded.
We were just walking around the park, talking about what we'd do about the house and Matilda's old house and all that when Chester brought up that it was getting late. Me and Matilda looked at him. "What do you mean, bro? It's only 5 o'clock." I said but soon realised he looked a bit uncomfortable. I looked behind us and there seemed to be a person following us. "Never mind. You're right, let's go." I stated, looking him dead in the eyes. Matilda was confused but followed as we quickly walked away. We walked into and past an alley. Matilda, still very confused asked "Why did we go past that? Is this a short cut or something?"
"..somebody was following us."
I sighed and looked to Chester, giving him a look that said 'you okay?' He only nodded in response. I recognised that he probably would have been a wary from being followed, as anyone would, and turned away from him. I looked back at Matilda who was visually paranoid from hearing that we were being followed. I tried to remember what the person looked like, what if it was just a normal person and we were just being dramatic? Well, we were being dramatic anyways so what does it matter- they were looking down, but you could still see their brown-no, ginger-no, blond- ..mixed hair. Their clothes were odd and looked cheap. But what did that have to do with us?
We arrived back home. Each of us going inside wordlessly. Chester was still shaken but Matilda had calm down a little. We sat down and I noticed Chester's hands shaking. I pulled him into a hug. "It's gonna be okay, dude. I promise." I whispered to him, he hugged me tighter. Matilda sat there uncomfortably and looked around. I let go of him and he let go soon after. "Do.. do you think he is still here?" Chester asked, now only shaking a little. "I don't know.. hopefully not, though." I responded, sighing. "It's actually getting a little late now, should we make dinner?" Matilda said, pointing to the clock. "Yeah." I got up from the couch, Chester still stayed down. He was leaning against the armrest. I realised he was probably asleep so I took off his sunglasses. I stared at his face for a minute but then snapped out of it when Matilda called me over from the kitchen.
(cooking scene alert woo)
Me and Matilda decided to make omelette. I got spices and cheese while Matilda got eggs, sunflower oil and butter. I prepared the pan with oil and butter as Matilda was beating the eggs and putting the spices in. At this point Chester got up. "Morning sleepy head." I chuckled. "Is it actually morning..?" He asked and rubbed his eyes. I laughed, "Of course not. We're making omelette for dinner if you wanna help." He nodded and walked over to me and Matilda. "What do we do again?" He fidgeted with his fingers. "Well if you could put the egg on the pan and spread it out that would help." I stood out of the way so he could put the egg on. "Kay." He mumbled and did as so. Soon after, the omelette was ready for putting in fillings. I shred the cheese and put it inside the omelette. "Alright, it's ready! Help yourselves." I shouted as Matilda and Chester were sitting down in the living room. They came through and got a plate. "Thanks Parker!" Matilda grinned. "Thank you." Chester was still a bit wary, but smiled nonetheless. Matilda was the first to take a bite, her eyes immediately lighting up "Wow! This is amazing! I'm so glad we had omelette."  Chester also took a bite, his eyes widened and a big smile grew on his face. I sat down, and  was equally as surprised. We ate the rest of the omelette and decided to watch a movie. "What movie should we watch?" Matilda questioned. "I dunno, probably a quick one, it's like 10 o'clock. We need to sleep." Chester stated. "Oh cmon! We're adults, we can stay up as much as we want." She pushed. "But I'm tired." Chester said, exaggerating the 'e'. "You can take a nap if you want, me and Matilda can just watch the movie." I muttered, leaning to Chester and leaning back after I was done speaking. "..okay." He got comfortable and closed his eyes.
Me and — well, Matilda picked a movie. It was quite boring, if I'm being honest. But I played along and tried to make it interesting. Around half way into the movie, Chester started to lean on my shoulder. He was trying not to by pulling his head back in place, but I pushed his head onto my shoulder.
The movie was finally over. It was now 11:16. "We should probably go to sleep now." I turned to Matilda. She nodded and got up to go to bed. Chester was still asleep, so I picked him up and carried him to my..well, our for now, bed. I layed him down and when I let go of him to get in myself, he pulled me back. I carefully got in while he was still hugging me. He pulled me close of him and I hugged him back. I started to fall to sleep.
Me and Chester coincidentally woke up at the same time. I stared at him and he stared back, we were very close. "Sorry!" He blushed and got up. "It's fine, Ches. It's not like it happened last night as well." I smirked. "I thought you said we weren't gonna talk about that again." He crossed his arms. "Right, sorry." I said, getting up. "Let's get some breakfast now, shall we?" I held my hand out to him. "Sure." He looked away from me, not grabbing my hand but instead blushing even more and going downstairs. "Hey wait for me!" I chuckled.

Word count: 1202 —
Hey listen ik i said 1600+ words but I was gettin impatient i just wanted to get it done alright? Also fluff content!!1!