Chapter Three

The four friends plus Waddles packed away the Dungeons, Dungeons, and More Dungeons game and stepped out of the bus. A few other tourists joined them, and a wave of nostalgia hit the twins.

The Mystery Shack was an old victorian style house that incredibly seemed to look even worst than how Mabel and Dipper left it. The 'S' in 'Shack' was still missing from the word giving the tourist trap even more er... style.

Quinn and Sage glanced around, seeing the place Mabel and Dipper had been telling stories about for years. "Mystery Hack?" Sage questioned under her breath, looking at the attraction with disbelief. "People actually come here?"

"That is the real mystery." Dipper said with a grin, remembering his first reaction to the Mystery Shack. Who would've guessed that it would hold such legitimate mysteries underneath all of the fake ones.

"I don't know," Quinn said, their hands on their hips. "It looks pretty cool to me, the perfect place for naive travelers to spend all of their money in one foul swoop." They chuckled, watching as Mabel set Waddles down. The pig excitedly rolled in the grass, oinking.

Taking in a deep breath, the twins walked towards the doors with the other tourists and their two friends behind them. Suddenly, the door slammed open but no one seemed to be there.

Looking down, a girl of about four years greeted the tourists. She had chin length dirty blonde hair, and wore a dark green dress with a large question mark on it. Dipper's eyes widened and Mabel let out a squeal while the tourists around them seemed to say in sync, "Awwwwwwwwww!"

Kneeling down, Mabel shook the little girl's hand. The girl seemed confused but went along with it. "You can call me Aunty Mabel! What's your name?" Before the young girl could react, another person came into view.

Soos picked up his daughter, and looked to the tourists. He wore a black suit with a fake eye-patch and Stan's famous hat. With a loud voice he exclaimed, "Welcome to the Mystery Shack Dudes! Come all to see the mysteries of this small town. But remember- We put the fun in no refunds! Come right this-"

Soos abruptly stopped and pulled up his fake eyepatch. "Dudes? Mabel? Dipper?" He checked once again, and set his daughter on the ground lightly. Before the twins could answer, two large arms embraced them. "You're really here!" Even though the twins couldn't see anything but his chest, they could tell their old friend was tearing up.

Weirdly enough, so were the twins. Their eyes were sparkling with droplets of water as reality hit them. They were home, not California. Gravity Falls, Oregon. Home was where they felt safe, with people that cared for them, and adventures that the two could share with eachother.

Melody, Soos' wife, peaked in to see the spectacle and immediately began to show the other tourists around. Before going fully out of view, she smiled at the twins before saying, "Suzy these two are family." Suzy gave a little wave, grinning and then followed her mother.

Soos let the two out of the choke hold, wiping away his tears. "Come on in!" He said excitedly, basically dragging them through the front door. Quinn shrugged and followed with Sage close behind.

The Mystery Shack looked basically the same, it was almost as if Soos had tried to preserve all that Gruncle Stan had left behind. The only differences were a few new fake animal hybrids including but not limited to the platypus-kangaroo or 'Platroo', the goat-duck-lizard called 'Lidoat', and the terrifying shark-bear hybrid 'Bark'. As well as one other thing.

In the middle of the gift shop, the large headless wax Stan was stationed, giving a thumbs up to encourage all to spend their money. In fact, a replica of Stan's hat was laced through the statue's arm that was placed on his hip. On the hat it said in large letters: 'The Hat of Mystery! When you put your Money in it, it Mysteriously Disappears!'