Chapter Five

Mabel knocked on her friend's door with a both excited and nervous grin placed on her face. Almost immediately, Candy Chiu slammed the door open and her wings enfolded around Mabel in a hug.

"Wings?!" The twin exclaimed looking at her bestie. Candy had designed two silver mechanical wings that connected to her shoulders, and she wore a police officer suit. The wings were made out of different gears, and it definitely looked like she had collected some of her supplies from Old Man McGuckit.

"It's improvement to the human body!" She replied and caused the wings to fold against her back. Before Mabel could react, Grenda appeared out of nowhere and swept the 17 year old off her feet. Literally.

The muscular girl had picked Mabel up and given a choke hold of a hug that could've impressed the minotaurs. Over the five years, Grenda had grown very tall and looked as if she had been hitting the gym. Like Candy, she also wore a police uniform.

In a blur, Mabel was rushed to Candy's room. It was painted turquoise and a large part of it was dedicated to different plausible designs to modify humans. As well as all sorts of incredible equipment. However it was also filled with different boy band posters and actors. Oddly, it even smelled a bit like candy.

Time seemed to speed by as the girls talked about what had happened during the past five years. Grenda was still dating the baron Marius von Fundshauser from Austria, but Candy was 'forever single' as she had described dramatically. The two of them had become the youngest (and best) sheriff and deputy Gravity Falls had ever seen after Blubs and Durland had retired together as a married couple. To the town they were now known as Sheriff Grendinator and Deputy Chiu.

"That's amazing!" Mabel grinned. She had worried that their friendship would be lost because of how long she had been gone. Instead, it was almost as if the day she had left Gravity Falls was yesterday and not five years ago.

The two girls shared a look. "Mabel, you haven't actually told us anything about you. Other than Quinn." Grenda said gruffly, winking at the Quinn part.

Candy nodded, "You can tell us anything! We're your best friends after all." She picked up a sweater that in big glittery letters said 'BESTIE #1' and handed it Mabel. "We made this for you, Grenda and I have matching ones."

Mabel started to tear up, pulling the sweater to her chest. "Thanks girls," She wiped her eyes with the new gift. Five years hadn't changed how much Mabel trusted her two best friends from Gravity Falls, "I'll tell you everything."

"It all began the day Mabel and I came home from summer break." Dipper said reluctantly to Wendy. "Our parents hadn't wanted us to well, be around when all the ugly stuff went down."

"They got divorced without telling us." Mabel revealed, fidgeting with her sweater. "I guess they thought it would be better if we had a 'stress-free' summer." She chuckled slightly at the last part.

Dipper clicked a pen aggressively, "They came up with this dumb schedule too. For five months I'd stay with my mom, and the other five months with my dad. Without Mabel."

"The only times Dipper and I are in the same house is one month after school starts and one month right after school ends." Mabel's voice seemed to shake, but a smile was still plastered on her face.

"Basically they tore us apart. They thought it was this perfect solution, but without Mabel..." Dipper trailed off, his fist clenching around the pen.

"Without Dipper everything was just... different." Mabel stated. "We still saw eachother at school, but it wasn't the same."

SNAP!

Dipper's pen had broken in his clasped hand, "Without Mabel, I'm basically nothing." He wiped his ink stained hand on his jacket. "I just feel lost without her."