Extra(1)

"Yo! Whatcha Doin' author?" Quinn appeared out of nowhere, shocking the author.

"Dying-" They started but was cut off.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? How can I help?" They asked, the questions rapidly coming out of their mouth.

"-from school." The writer sighed, rolling their eyes at Quinn's concern.

"And now look where I am, saying I'd be back in a week. Oi, promises are hard to keep. And now I'm doing one of those dumb cringy things to make up for it." The author sighed, flopping onto their back.

"Didn't you write up some extra stuff though?" Sage asked, a pile of papers in her hands. "Yup, it's right here." She said, pulling out a few mangled pieces of writing.

They considered the option and took the pages, looking over them. "You do realize I wrote this in a rush, right? Plus it's very random and all over the place."

"You really did dig your own grave, didn't ya?" Quinn muttered under their breath. The author whacked them on the arm slightly.

"I mean, Quinn's right, but you might as well show the reader's something." Sage pointed out.

"Okay... Well there's a few things here. Hope you all enjoy it."

The Bus Ride

The twins had stayed silent for the better half of the bus ride to California. Neither sibling wanting to believe their days In Gravity Falls were over till next summer. It made them question if the next year would be as, well, insane? Most likely, considering it was Gravity Falls.

They had grown up a lot in the stretch of a summer, even if neither truly realized it. Death had been a real, almost every day threat in the not-so-sleepy town. Even if Mabel was still cheerful, optimistic, and humorous she now had become stronger and braver than ever before. Dipper was still well-read, paranoid at times, and determined. However a part of him was terrified of betrayal, the words Trust No One ricocheting in his brain no matter how hard he tried to tune it out.

"I miss it." Mabel's words cut through Dipper's thoughts, and he returned to reality. His sister, his best friend, his confidant sat in front of him. He could trust her, even if a part of him was still reluctant. He'd be okay if she was there.

"I do too." Dipper replied, fidgeting with the goodbye letter the town had come together to make. He wanted to be there, more than anything in the world. Back in the Mystery Shop, laughing with Wendy while they blew off work in spite of Grunkle Stan.

A blanket of silence fell over the siblings once again. It wasn't suffocating, just natural. No words were spoken as the twins remembered their adventures in the small town.

First Nightmare

School had started once again, and for the first time since the divorce the twins were sharing a room. Even if their Dad had enough space for each to sleep in different rooms, it was purely instinct.

When Dipper had arrived at the apartment, their mom quickly drove away, giving him a small peck to the forehead before doing so. He naturally picked the top bunk, and set his backpack down. Dipper had quite sneakily avoided his dad and was now waiting for Mabel to come back from Stage Crew.

She had joined more clubs recently, most of which had to do with creating. Mabel was, in some ways, a jack of all trades. Her dream job switched every two weeks or so, but she knew she loved to build the sets for the plays. She had also been experimenting with writing the scripts and such. Mabel had also been taking a few fighting courses she had begged their parents to join.