[Chapter. 11]

TW// Sm0k!ng

They finished their ice cream and started to talk.

"Purp, I planned a date tonight."

"Really? Arcade?"

"No uh- it's a surprise."

"Better be romantic." Purpled joked.

Tommy laughed. "Don't worry, it's gonna be fun, anyways I gotta go and get it set up. See you at..." He checked his phone "six." He smiled brightly at Purpled and went to put on his shoes. He cupped Purpled's cheeks and kissed him.

"See you in a few hours Tommy."

As Tommy drove home, he wondered. Then he remembered-

He can't cook for shit.

- - - - - -

"What the FUCK is oregano?" Tommy hissed, staring into the soul of the list Beau texted him. He was cooking spaghetti with Beau teaching him step-by-step on facetime.

"It's a FUCKING herb!" Beau hissed back. Goddammit, the worst idea she's ever agreed to. "It gives food a strong flavor! Lord, I pray for your poor boyfriend."

"Shut up! It's not my fault my mom doesn't own a fucking restaurant!" Tommy argued, looking at the phone that leaned in front of a scrunched-up towel for support. Beau's mom actually owns a restaurant and Tommy and Beau would go there for their (platonic) dates and their favorite dish (the only thing that they both could agree on) was this "hyper Italian spaghetti".

Beau sighed.

"Did you not go shopping after I sent you the list?"

"No-"

Beau sighed, even more frustrated.

"Stop cooking right fucking now and go to the store while we facetime. I'll tell you what to buy. Poor Purpled's dating a fuckin' peanut brain."

"Shut up." Tommy said, turning off the stove and grabbing the phone.

- - - - - -

"Okay now go to the herbs..." She instructed.

Tommy, that dumbass, walked over to the seed packets.

"Wha- NO! Dumbass, FOOD. Not the actual seeds!"

Tommy spun on his heel and walked over to the aisle titled: "Spices and Herbs".

"God- Why can't you just buy spaghetti from some restaurant?!" She yelled into the mic. Thank XD, Tommy was wearing airpods.

"Because I'm making this for Purpled with my love." He hissed.

He had his camera facing opposite from him so Beau could lead him.

"Okay, see that damp yellow shit?" Beau asked. "Pick it up."

"I can read." Tommy said, rolling his eyes. Beau couldn't see him do it but she knew he did. Tommy picked up the oregano and put it in his basket with care (he was using it to make something for his beloved boyfriend so of course).

"Boom," Tommy said, "That it?"

"Yes." Beau sighed, exhausted. "Go home and call again. DO NOT add fucking grass into the spaghetti this time."

"It could've worked" Tommy mumbled.

"I heard that." Beau said, cutting the line.

- - - - - -

Purpled was trying on clothes. Lots of them. They were all laid- thrown onto his bed. He huffed, putting his hands on his hips. He stared at the mess on his bed. He had to leave in less than an hour and he already cleared three quarters of his closet.