[Chapter. 21]

TW// @ng$t

Punz woke up in a bed that wasn't his. Mind hazy, he looked around. He saw Wilbur fast asleep on the bed beside him and Techno was reading on the small lazy boy chair.

"You awake?" Techno didn't look away from his book.

Punz sat up.

"Yeah..." He rubbed his eyes. "What time is it?" How many drinks did he have? Techno looked at the clock.

"It's 8:41."

Punz hummed.

"Where-" He looked around. "Where's Purpled and Tommy?"

"They're back home I think..." He finally put his book down and looked at Punz. "Tommy said there was a slight emergency..."

Punz raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"I don't know." He responded. He looked over to Wilbur. "Good morning Wil."

Wilbur groaned.

"What time's it?" He slurred.

"8:42."

"Where's Tommy? And Purpled?" He asked.

Techno shrugged.

"Back home... I think. I tried texting and calling him but he wouldn't answer."

"Let me call Purpled." Punz mumbled, grabbing his phone.

- - - - - -

He didn't pick up.

- - - - - -

"Purpled?" Rue said, knocking on the door.

"Come in." Purpled said quietly.

She was holding a plate of waffles. She placed them on the edge of the bed. She sat down.

"Good morning." Purpled mumbled, eyes red and puffy.

"Good morning. I have to go meetup with Caiti. Techno, Wilbur and Punz are coming home. Do you want me to stay?"

Purpled shook his head. Purpled began eating.

"No, it's fine-"

"Are you sure?" Purpled nodded. Rue paused. "Listen," She took a deep breath in, "Tom called me yesterday."

Purpled's eyes widened slightly.

"What-"

"He loves you, Purpled. He just-" She bit her lip. She couldn't tell him. "He wants to talk to you. He didn't mean to. Please give him another chance?"

Purpled didn't look at her. It was raining outside. He looked down at his food.

"When is he coming back?"

"I don't know," She shrugged. "But he'll be back soon."

"But please don't tell Punz." He pleaded. The plate was empty.

Rue sighed.

"Alright. Then, I'll be off. Call me if anything happens. Bye!" She had a small smile.

"Bye." Purpled replied. He heard the door close and decided to get up.

He put the plate in the sink, washed the dishes, took a shower and sat down on his phone.

Many texts from Punz. And a lot more from Tommy.

- - - - - -

10 minutes later, the doorbell rang. He got up and went to open it. He opened it and was met face to face with Tommy.

The blonde was soaking wet. Clothes and hair damp, holding a small bouquet of pink and purple tulips and what looked to be a bag of Chinese takeout. His eyes were red and he had bags under his eyes. He smelled like shit too.

"Babe, I-"

"I don't wanna hear it." He made way for Tommy to come in. Just as Tommy came in, Purpled began putting on his shoes.

"Hey- where-"

"None of your fucking business." He snapped, finally looking at Tommy. To be honest, he didn't even know where he was going. He just didn't want to talk to Tommy right now.

He turned back and as soon as he stepped outside once, Tommy grabbed his wrist.

"Please let me explain,"

- - - - - -

"I was just really drunk- I- I wasn't in the right mindset, I swear!" He held Purpled's hands. "Please give me one more chance, Purp. You're the only person I love, I promise,"

He pulled Purpled into a hug and sobbed into Purpled's hoodie.

There was a sudden knock, or, pounding at the door.

Purpled wiped his eyes and forced himself out of Tommy's grip and went to go answer the door. He took a deep breath in and twisted the handle.

"Why the fuck haven't you been answering my calls?!" Punz screamed, pulling Purpled into a hug. Wilbur and Techno followed after.

"Sorry,"

"Where's Tommy?" Techno asked.

"Um, he's in the bedroom-"

"Why are your eyes red?" Punz asked, interrupting him.

"Um-"

"Tommy!" Wilbur yelled, going over to him. "Why're your eyes red too?"

Techno just looked between the two.

"Long night?...."

"Is everything okay?" Punz asked sternly. Purpled looked at Tommy's pleading eyes.

"Everything's... fine." Purpled lied.

"Don't think you guys are off the hook." Punz said. Purpled rolled his eyes.

The room went silent for a bit.

"I- I bought Chinese takeout...?"

"I'm going for a walk." Purpled said. Tommy served the food and left after him.

- - - - - -

Punz knew something was wrong. He didn't say anything though.