Chapter 13

Dagger sat on the throne, looking around the broken throne room with a smile on his face.
"I knew you could do it." A familiar voice came from his left. He looked over to see Harold leaning against the wall.
Dagger shook his head. "It should have been you." He said.
Harold laughed. "Buddy, I'm dead. But if not me, I'm glad it was you."
Dagger smiled. "I'll try to be as good a king as you could have been."
Harold nodded. "I'm sure you will. And I'll be here to help you. Count on it." He winked and grinned, holding out a thumbs up. Kai walked into the throne room and looked around at all the walls, which had major damage.
"Why haven't you fixed that yet?" He asked.
Dagger shrugged. "Haven't gotten to it yet."
Kai put his hands on his hips and raised an eyebrow. "But you instantly got to rebuilding the throne."
Dagger smiled. "I really wanted to sit in it."
Kai laughed. "Yeah, I get it. I probably would have done the same thing. Anything going on we should handle?"
Dagger shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of."
Alexander marched into the throne room nervously. "Reporting for duty, sir." Dagger smiled and nodded, gesturing for him to stand beside the throne. Alexander walked over to the throne and adjusted his helmet, his hand clutched to the hilt of his sword.
"So, what's it like to be THE royal guard?" Kai asked.
Alexander shrugged. "Haven't really done it yet. Ask me again after a crisis."
Kai nodded. "Fair enough."
"I want to make an alliance with the M'Feles." Dagger said.
Kai looked up at him. "That does sound like the best idea. We should definitely make sure they know we don't blame them for what happened."
"Precisely." Dagger said. "Will you go out and do that?"
Kai shook his head. "Not me. I'd die of cold."
"Just light yourself a fire."
Kai shook his head again. "Not happening." He said.
Dagger shrugged. "Very well. Go get everyone else. We'll organize a party to head out there."
Kai nodded. "Shouldn't you go?"
Dagger shook his head. "I have plenty to account for here."
Kai nodded. "I'll make sure they get out there."
Dagger smiled and nodded. "Thank you, my friend."
Kai smiled and bowed. "Of course, my liege."
Dagger pointed out the door with a chuckle. "Get outa here." He said. Kai grinned and walked out the door. Dagger sighed. "What do you think, Alex? Will I be a good king?"
Alexander looked up at him. "Well, as a wise friend once told me, 'don't let the darkness consume you. Use it for yourself.'" He smiled.
Dagger chuckled. "Your friend does sound wise. I won't let my fears consume me. Thank you." Alexander nodded, turning back to the door to watch.

Kai opened the door to the tavern to see all his friends sitting around the place. He smiled.
"Alright, idiots. We have a mission from his majesty." Everyone ceased their conversation and looked at him.
"What's up?" Lance asked.
"Dagger needs a group to head over to the M'Feles and make sure they don't feel bad. He wants an alliance."
Khan nodded. "Lance, why don't you fly on over there?" By He asked.
Lance shrugged. "If I must." He kissed Destiny, floated upward and zoomed out the door. Khan hopped up from his seat and rubbed his hands together.
"I've actually come across a lead regarding the Demon King's return." Khan said. Everyone looked at him. "Hydra told me he doesn't know much, but he'll bet Gibbs does. And lucky for us, Gibbs is a big fan of the mortal realm, so he's here, off throwing a party somewhere. I need a few of you to find him and see if you can get him to talk."
Huey raised his hand. "This sounds like a job for intelligence!" He shouted. Khan nodded.
Kai slapped Huey on the back. "You'll need a little brute force, too." They both looked at Khan. "What will you be doing?"
Khan looked over to the new recruits. Aro waved with a smile. "I'll deal with these guys. Duros, find yourself something to do."
Duros sighed. "Can I go to the party?"
Khan shook his head. "Not in your current state. We have to look like we want to be there, and if you can't drink, there's no fooling Gibbs."
Duros nodded. "Understood. I'll go see if Dagger needs anything else done."
"Anyone heard from Elliot?" Andrew asked. Everyone shook their heads. "Hope he's alright."
Aro laughed. "He's a demigod, getting stronger by the tattoo, he'll be fine."
Andrew smiled and nodded. "You're right."
"Alright, everybody, move out." Kai nodded and toated Huey out the door.
"Hold it!" Huey shouted. After a few seconds, the two walked back in.
"Where exactly is this party?" Kai asked.
Khan shrugged. "Go ask Hydra if he's awake." Kai nodded. He blasted himself over to the castle, where Hydra was sleeping under the drawbridge.
"Hydra!" He shouted. Hydra glanced up at him with one of his heads.
"What?" His voice sounded agitated. "You promised me sleep as long as I wanted."
Kai shrugged. "Well that's true for the most part. But I need to know where Gibbs' party is. Do you know?"
Hydra groggily nodded. "It's in the forbidden forest just east of here." He laid his head back down, a cascade of bubbles escaping from under his jaw.
"Thanks." Kai said. He turned to see Huey had caught up with him, leaning on his knees out of breath. "Come on, let's go!" Kai said, marching off to the east. Huey sighed and followed behind him.