Chapter 17

"We have about minute before she freezes us. Make sure you look away before the minute is up!" The Minotaur shouted, jumping at his fellow demon.
           Medusa smiled and sidestepped his attack. "Toro." She said with a grin. Dagger launched himself in and thrust his fists forward, firing a small sphere of dark energy. Medusa simply held out her hand and absorbed it. Kai stepped forward and released a giant beam of flames. As the fire zoomed toward Medusa, she smiled. The instant it touched her, the fire turned to stone, falling to the ground with a great thud. Kai brushed the dust off of his hands and blasted upward, running across the stone flames, pulling his fist back. A glowing arrow whizzed past him and bounced off of Medusa, turned to solid stone.
           "Don't touch her, remember?" Aro shouted. Kai nodded.
           Medusa laughed. "You can touch me if you want. I'll allow it." She said with a glare. Kai stared for a moment before shaking his head.
           "Sorry, I'm taken." He said with a smile.
           "No you're not." Andrew said as he whizzed by Kai and launched a glowing blue wave of sound at Medusa, which was quickly turned to stone.
           "Shut up." Kai said.
           Medusa grinned. "You seem like my type." She said, leaning toward Kai.
           Kai shook his head once more, starting to back away. "I'm everyone's type." He said with a grin, before quickly turning away.
            Medusa laughed. "You can look at me. I happen to like you."
           Kai glanced over to her. "You're lying." Medusa shook her head as Kai's friends' attacks simply bounced off of her, turning to stone. Kai's pupils began dilating as he stared into her eyes. Suddenly, he was yanked backward.
           "Don't fall for it!" Emma shouted.
           Kai shook his head and looked at her. "I wasn't falling for anything." He glanced at Medusa. "Except maybe you." He said with a smile. Medusa giggled.
           Emma shook Kai back and forth. "Snap out of it!" She shouted. Kai didn't seem to notice. Emma pulled the sheathed sword off of her back and smacked him in the head with it.
          "Ow!" Kai said, grabbing his head. "That really hurt." He said, rubbing the spot.
          Emma smiled. "Well, you owe me."
          "I told you, I'm fine."
          "Yes, he's fine." Medusa said, moving her hand like a cat. Kai smiled. Emma frowned and threw the sword at her. Instead of the sword turning to stone, it bounced off of Medusa's head and knocked her to the ground, unconscious. Emma and Kai stared at her with blank looks on their faces. Everyone else stopped attacking and looked at one another.
           "Well that was easy." Andrew said.
          Kai groaned. "Why'd you have to go and do that?!" He shouted at Emma.
          Emma groaned back. "She was manipulating your mind!" She shouted back. Kai turned and crossed his arms, Emma doing the same. Aro elbowed Andrew, both of them chuckling.
           "Let's just take her and go." Dagger said. The
           Minotaur nodded and threw her over his shoulder, following Dagger back to the castle. "That was too easy." He said.
           Dagger nodded. "I have a feeling it's not over, but then again, the other sins have been nice to us, so maybe she will be too." The Minotaur nodded. He dropped Medusa on to the ground before the king, blindfolded. Tyrannus looked at her for a moment before casting his eyes away.
           "So you aren't going to kill her?" He asked.
           Dagger shrugged. "Haven't decided yet."
           Tyrannus nodded. "And why is that?" He asked.
           "Well, other than Mother and Kraken, all of the other seven deadly sins have been willing to join our side based on their hatred for the Demon King, so I'm willing to give her that chance as well."
           Tyrannus nodded. "I see. Do as you wish with her, just as long as she isn't causing havoc in my city. Anyway, about that alliance offer, I'd be happy to combine our military force. I'm shocked our ancestors never thought of this." He smiled. Dagger snapped his fingers, a scroll unrolling in his hand, a feather pen at the top. Dagger signed his name and implanted the insignia from his ring on to the document before handing it over to Tyrannus, who did the same. Dagger held out his hand. Tyrannus smiled and shook it.
           "This was all too easy." Andrew said.
           Aro nodded. "Something isn't right." He put his finger to his chin. "But I can't figure out what it is."
           Andrew nodded. "It's strange, isn't it. I feel as if something is about to go wrong somehow."
           Aro nodded. "Oh well." He said with a shrug. Andrew shrugged as well.