Chapter 1.5: the birth of a god

Planet Venku: Souja Castle, King Veltrum's Throne Room

{Veltrum's POV}

Alten stormed into the throne room, panic evident in his voice. "My king, mutants have breached the southern hemisphere!" he exclaimed, dropping to his knees.

"What?! But how? The Sonoku Royal Guard would never allow such a heinous act," I exclaimed, disbelief coloring my tone.

Alten rose, his expression serious. "They were all at a fallen comrade's funeral. The leader was killed," he explained, head bowed.

I stared at Alten, incredulous. "W-what? But he was the strongest among them. How could that even be possible?!" I asked, stunned.

"From what I've gathered, sir, a newborn killed him," Alten said, a slight chuckle escaping him.

"I see. Well, this changes everything," I said, wiping my forehead, a chuckle escaping me. "Perhaps I overestimated him."

"Perhaps, but my king, we must take steps to ensure that the mutant threat is eradicated," Alten said, his demeanor grave, indicating the seriousness of the situation.

I rose to my feet, determination in my voice. "Perhaps my son can handle the one who just abducted him."

(Venku's POV)

I unleashed a blast of scorching gas at Boron, sending him flying through the Heretic woods. "For someone who has kidnapped me, you're not very strong," I taunted, laughter bubbling up as I chased after him, effortlessly dodging obstacles. "Come on, you're losing to a baby!" I mocked as he regained consciousness. Ramming my fist through his throat, I separated his head from his body, reveling in the moment. "That was amazing!" I exclaimed triumphantly, but Boron swiftly reattached his head and delivered a powerful kick to my chest, sending shockwaves through the forest. "Did you really think it would be that easy? Foolish boy," Boron sneered, his elbow striking my head and momentarily dazing me.

"You had me worried at first, Boro-San," Gallium remarked as he floated down next to Boron.

"It's Boron... and why would you be worried? I'm far more powerful than this brat," he retorted as he picked me up.

Gallium scratched his head and shrugged in response.

Boron smirked and asked, "How do you think it's going for Dio and Mono?"

"About as well as it's going for you..." I declared, my power surging as I broke free from his grasp, engulfing the forest in flames. "Let's get this over with." With an intense uppercut, I sent Boron hurtling into orbit, my heat intensifying.

"I see, so this is your true power, huh?" Gallium remarked, preparing for battle.

"I suppose so, but I wouldn't really know. I was born a week ago, heh," I remarked as I charged at Gallium, our clash decimating the surroundings.

{Simultaneously at Souja Castle}

Veltrum stood near a window, a smirk playing on his lips as he watched his son's vigorous fight through telepathy.

{Back with Gallium and Venku}

I shot off fireballs towards Gallium, who dodged them effortlessly. "Darn it, he's slippery and I'm getting sleepy!"

Gallium looked delighted. "Not as easy as it was with my friend, huh?" With a metal needle, he pierced my chest before I could react. "Look, kid, I'll cut you a deal since I'm strapped for time."

Eagerly, I inquired, "Sure, what is it, hehe?"

"We'll call this fight a draw if you agree to be freely captured in the future," he proposed.

Considering for a moment, I unleashed a wave of heat. "I could never agree to that, and besides, I want to win!"

Veltrum appeared behind me, a frown etched on his face. With a single blast, he dispatched Gallium and rendered me unconscious with a precise chop to my pressure point.

-To be continued-