Chapter Three

Connor's POV

I get out of bed and go to my connected bathroom. I take a quick shower and get dressed. I head for the kitchen. As I walk, I prepare myself to beat the shit out of that pathetic excuse of a sister that killed our family. If she didn't insist on going for a picnic in our family spot that day, none of them would have died.

Walking down the stairs from my room, I don't hear rushing footsteps or smell anything cooking. I started to get angry and frustrated. I marched into the kitchen to ensure she wasn't just late in cooking but I didn't see her anywhere in the kitchen. Not seeing her just makes me blow my top and run two steps at a time up the stairs toward her room, also known as the attic.

"JOSEFINA!!!" I shout as I get closer to the attic. "You better be awake and bustling to get downstairs to cook the packed breakfast, you piece of shit!"

I hear a door and footsteps behind me before someone starts talking. "Looks like someone didn't learn their lesson from yesterday."

"I guess that thing hasn't," I say as I remember Marcus and my friends gang-raped her. I shake my head and continue up the stairs. Once I am there, I open the door to the attic and see it empty. I walk into the room and sniff the air. Her scent is very faint. She hasn't been here the whole night.

"Where the hell did that little shit go?!" Marcus shouts in anger.

"It doesn't appear she has been here for a while." I say. "We should look for her around the territory." I suggest.

'I want a few peak members to search the house while some members search the forest with Connor and I.' Orders Marcus through the pack link. 'Whoever finds her take her to the dungeons.'

Marcus and I head outside with other pack members and start to search the woods. I found a faint scent of hers on the northeast side of the territory. I follow the scent all the way to the pack border. Her scent continues on past the border, yet I don't cross.

'She left.' I think to myself.

'What did expect she do?' says my wolf. 'She is treated like shit by you and the others in the pack. You let her get gang-raped by your best fucking friend and didn't even stop it.' My wolf says before shutting me out.

He is right. It's all my fault she left as well as the pack. If only I had treated her how I should of, I would still have the last part of my family with me. I soon let out a pained howl full of loss and despair then I book it back to the house.

As I run, I feel multiple people trying to mindlink me, but I ignore them and continue running til I get to the edge of the forest and shift back, putting on my clothes. I run into the house, up the stairs, and into my room. I slam the door closed and sit on my bed. I reach underneath my bed and grab a shoebox full of memories of Jose and the rest of our family.

I look through all the pictures of us laughing, smiling, and playing in the packhouse and outside in the clearing. All the good memories we ever shared come back as I look through the photos and hand-crafted objects from school or birthdays, or any other holidays. Even from all these good memories, she will only see me as a monster that hurt her and never protected her.

I hear the door open, and someone walks into my room. "Hey man, what's wrong?"

"She left." I tell him. "She left because of what this pack did to her. What you did to her!" I shout.

"What are you talking about?" asks Marcus.

"JOSEFINA LEFT THE FUCKING TERRITORY!" I shout. "THE ONLY FAMILY I HAVE LEFT AND IS NEVER COMING BACK!"

A/N: Picture is of Connor