Chapter Four

Aunt Madison's POV

"This room is beautiful, auntie." Josefina signs to me.

"Thank you, sweetie." I smiled. "I've had this room ready for you for a while. I knew you would leave that awful pack one day to come here."

"Thank you for being one of the few people who care and helping me get away from that place."

Tears rose in my eyes, and I hugged Jose as if my life depended on it. I had to make sure she was here. That she was really in front of me and not in that hell hole of a pack that turned on her when her family died. Josefina hugs me back, and I feel my shoulder get wet, and I know she is crying as well. I soon let go and wiped my tears before telling her to get situated in her new room. I leave Jose's room and walk back down the stairs, where everyone stares at the steps, waiting.

"How is she?" asks Erica with a worried expression.

"Right now, she seems alright, but that could change any moment." I tell them. "I told her to get situated in her room so no one would bother her for the time being. Let her adjust."

"Alright, we will leave her alone until breakfast." They all say back to me.

I nodded and walked to the kitchen to start making brunch since breakfast was a while ago. I started making egg sandwiches and sausage. I called my husband/mate and asked him to put fries into the air fryer to go with the food. Soon the food was finished cooking, and I set all the food down at the dining table. Since we are werewolves, I had to make about two or three times the amount a human would eat.

"Erica, honey, can you go get Jose and tell her brunch is ready?" I say to my daughter from the kitchen doorway.

"Sure thing." She replies.

Erica's POV

After mom tells me to get Josefina, I make my way up the stairs to her room. I take the steps two at a time to get there faster to talk with her. I make it to Jo's door and knock on the door. She doesn't come to the door. I know she is in there; I can hear her heartbeat. I open the door and poke my head inside. I see Josefina sleeping. I smile and close the door lightly so as not to wake her. I slowly walk back down the stairs toward the kitchen.

"Mom, Jose is sleeping." I tell my mom. "I didn't want to wake her since she looks so exhausted."

"Alright, honey." She says back. "She'll eat when she wakes up. Now come over and eat."

I walk over to the table and dig into mom's delicious food. As I was piling up my plate, I heard my phone go off. After putting food on my plate, I looked at it. I saw a text from my mate. I opened my phone to see the message. I almost choked on my food when I saw the text.