Hunter Becomes The Hunted

Warning:

Contains violence, murders, rape, swearing, drugs, abuse, suicidal actions, and insanity. Read at your own risk because the whole story is a trigger warning. Please do not read if you have traumatic episodes like PTSD. 

"I became friends with my nightmares. I consider them my personal artwork. My twisted sense of dreams." - .M 

Menma, who turned 18 years of age on his birthday, found himself standing on the precipice of a new chapter in his life. The impending graduation ceremony from Konoha High was just an hour away, and while his peers may have thought that the amusement etched onto his face was simply due to his excitement to finally receive his diploma, Menma knew better. For he was privy to a secret, a covert lifestyle that he had managed to conceal from even the most brilliant minds within his circle, including the Nara clan who were renowned for their intelligence, the genius prodigies. Well, now he really shouldn't consider them genius prodigies anymore. After all, he did indeed succeed far past their level of ingenious with an IQ of 348. It was all thanks to Madara, who had taken it upon himself to sharpen Menma's cognitive abilities to the point of perfection.

"Lost in thought again, Menma?" asked Shikamaru in a lazy tone, with a raised brow.

"Ah, Shika. Took you a while." He smiled while ignoring his comment.

"Meh," Shikamaru yawed, "Deal with it."

"Hn. Ready to walk?"

"Not really. Rather-"

"Sleep?" Menma chuckled, "That's so like you."

Shikamaru only shrugged his shoulder, "At least I'm walking with you."

"Mhm. Our class is sure annoying." He nodded at Shikamaru in agreement.

As their classmates lined up with their partners, preparing to embark on the next phase of their lives, Menma seized the opportunity to inquire about the latest news regarding the notorious Kitsune killer, "So anything new come up about the Kitsune?"

Shikamaru, who was related to one of the investigators on the case, relayed, "No. Just another dead end. I had never seen my uncle so defeated. Why you ask?"

Menma shrugged off the inquiry, claiming it was just idle curiosity, but in truth, the topic had captured his attention due to it actually being him, "Curious. Kitsune is famous after all."

"I suppose. Just didn't think you'd be the one to bring it up being uninterested in affairs of things."

"Hn. Well, it's a main topic everyone talks about these days. Guess I just got caught up in it."

"Hmm, make sense. What is your opinion regarding the Kitsune Killer on his killing morals?"

Menma shrugged his shoulder, yet cautious on how to answer him without giving too much, "Dunno, I mean, from what I heard, Kitsune only kills the guilty which I don't see much of a problem as long the good people are left alone. Although I can see why it would be an issue of letting Kitsune roam as well." 

"Yeah, I guess you are right. But-"

Just as their conversation was cut short, the staff in charge of the ceremony made the announcement, signaling that it was time to commence the proceedings. Menma and Shikamaru, along with their classmates, marched toward their future.

I'm skipping all of that cause it is a drag. TO THE END OF THE CEREMONY.

"Menma," said Madara in the booming voice of dominance, catching Menma's attention and cutting his conversation with Shikamaru short.