Prologue | Sang

The Commence of the Purge

________•_________

"In approximately 2 hours the purge will began." I stopped dead in my tracks standing beside stepmother's door. A purge? A purge of what?

I stepped closer placing my ear silently on the door wanting to get a better hearing.

"All crimes that are illegall will be allowed during a time span of 24 hours. This includes killing, breaking into buildings, stealing, etc. All are permitted. Everything and everyone is fair game with the exception of all services of emergencies." My body tense before beginning to tremble as I push my bottom lip in between my teeth. I back away from the door obviously horrified at the sudden news of a purge being just 2 hours away. A whole day of illegal crimes being permitted without the help of the police.

"Sang, what's wrong?" My head snapped in the direction of my sister, her eyes peering at me curiously. I glanced at stepmother's door before grabbing Marie's hand and pulling her through the hall into her room.

I released her shutting the door behind us raising my hand up to run through my hair. My green eyes looked up at Marie from through my lashes, visible tears welling but never falling as I thought about the situation. "A purge will be happening 2 hours from now and all crimes are allowed to happen." I whispered slightly watching as Marie pale in shock.

" W-w-what, why?" She questions. I shook my head shrugging my shoulders. "I don't know."

I sigh pushing my bottom lip in between my teeth with the tip of my finger. What are we going to do? Stepmother will most likely try something during this surely. With permission to do crime, we couldn't be to careful around her. Marie watched as I fiddled with my lip thoughtfully.

My head lower towards the ground eyes focused on the floor. " No matter what happens, we have to keep each other safe the best we can." I say hugging myself. I didn't need to glanced up to know that Marie nodded in agreement. "But what if mo-"

" I already thought of that. We just have to avoid her until it's over."

Marie and I had fallen victim to mother's crucial ways after she had fallen sick. Medicine had been taken to help but from the way she's been acting I'll say that the medication messes with her mind. We knew that she didn't mean what she said or did during the time she's awake and in a bad mood, but we still couldn't help but feel hurt at her actions. In about an hour or so, we'll be tested to survive her.

"Sang."

I'm sure inside her mind mother is ecstatic about this.

"Sang."

I kno-

"SANG!"

I jump up startled out of my thoughts, my eyes connecting with Marie's. She gave a light laugh before shaking her head. "We can get through this we got each other. I'm really sorry about before-" I go to open my mouth and speak but she cuts me off. "No Sang. It's not okay and I will continue to apologize for my behavior. I thought that she would love me again if I treated you how she did but turned out she only used me to hurt each other." She finished tears trailing down her face. "We've been through so much already, I know that we can get through this. And we will, okay?" I nodded my head with a small smile.