01

Flashback
_______•_______

Sang

"Alright, we'll be right over soon." Kota spoke into the phone laid back against the wall beside the door on his left and window on the right. I tense thinking about the world outside of this house. He hung up with a sigh running his hands through his rich, deep brown hair, staring at the wall while counting softly. He was every girl's wild dream, I'll tell you that. When I woke up after crying myself to sleep yesterday, I thought I was still asleep so I pinched myself when no one was looking while staring intensely at him.

When he caught me staring this morning, his cheeks were a light tint of red as he chuckled winking at me. "Who was that?"

Green eyes connected with my own staring with caution hidden in his gaze. "That was one of my brothers." I frowned confused as I thought that Jessica was his only blood sibling. "I thought Jessica is your only blood related sibling." I say standing from the couch my arms raised in a stretch, my shirt rising from the act and the bruises from my stepmother peeking out from under. Kota's eyes left my face to gaze at them and I found myself becoming self conscious so I let down my arms pulling my shirt down. I hugged myself head lowered while avoiding his gaze. Kota cleared his throat, "You're right though there are 8 others whom I consider brothers of mine."

My head lift in a tilt asking a silent question. "Family is a choice and is not always blood related, Sang." He say looking out the window. I nod. "So what did he want?"

Kota stayed silent. "Oh it's okay." I rush. "You don't have to tell me. I mean it's none of my business anyway." I laugh nervously bringing my finger up to my lips gently pushing it between my teeth. Really Sang! I squeezed my eyes shut cringing, reopening them when he let out a smooth masculine laugh that had me gazing in a awe. Even his laugh is pretty.
"What?"

He shook his head, a smile lingering on his face. "Its okay Sang. He was trying to see what the plan is concerning the situation and I told him that all of us need to get together at one house." He pause. "So....we're leaving and you're welcome to join us if you want."

Kota

Her eyes glazed over as she thought about my offer. I hope she answer with a yes because I didn't really feel comfortable leaving her behind especially since she seems like a nice girl though I'll still keep my eye on her just in case. I don't want any surprises, can't really afford to trust anyone so quickly right now. Then why did you let her in? Why didn't you let her stay out there? I scowled. My mind never stops thinking. Its a good quality to have as family lead but at times like this, I really wish I could shut out my thoughts.

"Sang, could you tell my mom and Jessica to pack whatever they can. We'll be leaving in a few to pick up one of my brothers and head over to another brother's house." She nodded making her way over and up the stairs. When she left I sighed shakily running my hand through my hair counting until she come back with them.

1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10

I slid down the wall pushing my thick framed glasses up along my face.

35..36..37..38..39..40..41

Loud thumps could be heard as they ran around upstairs gathering things.

62..63..64..65..66..67..68..69

Sang ran down the steps carrying my booksack heading straight for the kitchen but not before she gave me a thoughtful look.

88..89..90..91..92..93..94..95..96.

Sang came back sitting my booksack down beside me then leaving for the stairs again.

150..157..160..165..170..176

It wasn't long before Sang, Jessica, and my mom came barreling down the stairs with sacks of clothes and toiletries. I quickly stood up reaching down and pulling the booksack on my shoulder. I stared at Sang waiting for a answer. She gave a small nod and I sighed quietly in relief.

"Okay ladies, once we leave this house there are 3 rules you need to follow at all costs." I said sternly. "1. Do not leave from the safety of whatever house you are staying at. 2. Always travel with 4 others. And 3. If something were to happen, run. Under no circumstances should you come to help. Got that!" I met each of their eyes making sure they understood and once I seen what I wanted. I turned to unlock the door. I looked over ny shoulder. "Be careful not to make any noise as we make our way out."

Here we come Nathan.

_________•_________

Its short but im okay with it. Next chapter will be longer and will be published sometime in the next week.

Edit: Update taking a little longer than expected. Sorry, school has been kicking my behind. Dont worry though its coming.