3

I woke up in a bright room, I was in the garden of my palace. I wondered what happened to me earlier, I got up and walked around to find someone but no one was around. That's strange, I thought to myself. As I walk in the halls I glance through the window and see a child running around and her mother chasing after her. I take a closer look through the window.

The child is smiling brightly and the mother wraps her arms around her daughter. It was my mother and I. I now realize this is all a dream. My mother isn't alive anymore, she's been gone for so long that I forgot memories like this.

I could feel tears well up and began to cry without wiping my tears. I can feel a lump stuck in my throat, my hands clenched, and heart aching. It felt like the story was ending with a bitter ending yet it the end was perfect. I wanted to turn and looks way from my past and so I did. I could feel the darkness surround me.

I want the darkness to let me in, I want it to overtake me. I like the darkness because it's my only friend. Yet I can hear a voice calling me. I can hear you, I can't see you, but I can feel the hand wiping away my tears and telling me, "It's okay to cry. It's just a dream, they only come once."

The voice was soft and reassuring. That's right, I already lived in pain already, there won't be another memory where I can feel the pain again. I just want to go to sleep now, I'm so tired of feeling.

-

My brain was awake but my eyelids were heavy. I wanted to go back to sleep yet my bladder said otherwise. I really have to go to the bathroom! But I don't want to! I use my arm to rub my eyes open and feel really sore everywhere. My eyes adjust to the brightness and I notice that I'm not in the tea room or the garden or the hallway or in the darkness. I'm in a bright room that is new to me entirely. Who's room is this and why am I here? Have I been asleep all this time?

The door opens and a figure walks up to me. Whoever it is, please don't be a creep. That person reveals themselves and it's Jamil. Jamil looks at me and I look at him.

"Oh, you're awake." Is all he says. He uses his hand to check my temperature and checks my pulse. I don't mind but it was surprising when he did that, "Do you need anything?"

"Um, first I need to use the restroom." I get up too fast and my legs give up on me.

Oh.

Jamil was holding me tightly around his arms. I could feel his gentleness and strength as he held me. I looked into Jamil's eyes and we were both surprised. I catch my balance once again and blush as I realize what just happened. I walk towards the bathroom and mentally slap myself. How could I do something like that? Why! Oh my goodness!!!

I use the restroom and freak out some more. I must've freaked out for a long time because Jamil knocked on the door and said, "Are you alright Princess?"

"I'm fine, really! I'll be out in a minute." I responded. I once again mentally slapped myself. Okay Y/n, it's okay, it's no big deal that you fell into Jamil's arm because it was an accident. Just remember you are a woman with a man and that Jamil is just a nice guy who is friend's with the man you are with. No big deal. I exit out of the bathroom and I see food.

Jamil is sitting on the couch and stands up when he sees me, "Finally, I thought you would never come out. I was worried the food would get cold."

I head over to where all the wonderful food was. Jamil pulls out my chair and pushes me in. He pours me some herbal tea and scoops some food onto my plate. I ate a little here and there even though the food was really good. I couldn't digest all the food most likely because I just woke up and my health wasn't in the best condition.

"I'm sorry Jamil but I can't finish."

"It's alright. Besides you just woke up and still healing. I will take my leave and clean up."

"Wait, don't leave me. You can ask other people to do it but I want to talk to you." I request. Jamil could sense that I needed answers so he stayed with me.

"Why am I here? How did I get here? When did I get here and when can I go home?"

"You are here for your own protection. Many people target the Asim family because they are powerful people. Because you are Kalim's fiancé it puts you more at risk now than when you were a princess. It's mostly because you can birth an heir once Kalim becomes the lord of the house. You won't be able to go back to the palace either. It's too risky, it'll be like sending you out to war. Staying under Kalim's protection in his house is the safest place."

Jamil didn't answer some of my questions but Jamil's not a slip up. There's a reason he's not telling me. I have to get on Jamil's good side so I know what's going on on the inside.

"Alright. But I have one more question." I say.

"What's that?"

"Why am I marrying Kalim?"

I'm so sorry it took me to post a chapter. Life is really busy and I need to catch up. Clearly I put myself over this story because my future doesn't rely on this book. But I hope you enjoyed this story.

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful day!