11 - Kira

I wake up in Shawn's strong arms with my head resting on his chest. I look up at him and see that he's awake, smiling lovingly at me. "Morning, gorgeous." Returning his smile, I say, "morning, handsome. Have you been awake for a long time?"

"Nah. Half an hour or so."

I quirk an eyebrow. "Have you just been watching me sleep?" Still with that smile on his lips, he nods. "Mhm."

I blush and get a little embarrassed because I'm pretty sure that my sleeping self is a mess.

He kisses the top of my head and says, "do you know that you snore?" Sitting up, I bury my head in my hands. "Oh God. So embarrassing!"

He chuckles and pulls me down to him again. "No, it's cute." I let out a fake, irritated sigh. "Urgh. Why are you so perfect?" He chuckles while he shakes his head. "I'm far from perfect. I drool in my sleep." I laugh before pressing my lips against his in a soft kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, love." It's nice to hear that he loves me. The first time he said it, we were interrupted by Kate and that was irritating as hell, but the council had woken up and that was my top priority.

We kiss each other for a while before we get out of bed. "You go shower first. I'll go check on all the guests in our freaking growing house." He raises an eyebrow and smirks. "Our house?" Crap. I look down, embarrassed that I said that. It just felt natural, but assuming that we're at that stage was so stupid.

"Sorry, I..."

He wraps his arms around my waist and says, "no, no. I like it. So, I'm moving in?" I look away before I say, "uhm. Only if you want to. You don't have to. You know what? Never mind. It's stupid."

He puts his finger under my chin and tilts my head up until I'm looking at him. "I would love to live with you. There's nowhere I'd rather be." He kisses me slowly and full of love. When we break the kiss, I smile at him, brightly. "Great. Now, go shower." He chuckles. "Yes ma'am."

When he turns around and before I can stop myself, I slap his ass, making myself giggle. Where did that come from? He looks over his shoulder and gives me a devilish grin. "You're going to pay for that later."

He walks out of the bedroom, and I press my thighs together, trying to control the throbbing between my legs. Just one look from him makes me aroused.

When I'm dressed, I make my way into the kitchen where Kate and Hillary are making breakfast. "Morning," I say to them. Kate smiles at me. "Good morning, honey." Tilting my head to the side, I ask, "did you sleep here?"

Kate looks at me and smiles a little. "Yes. We thought with the extra rooms..." I sigh. "Oh, right. The extra rooms. But there aren't any beds. Did you sleep on the floor?" They both nod. "Yes, with plenty of blankets it was fine," Hillary says.

I sit down at the kitchen table and mumble, "I have to order some beds." Hillary puts a cup of coffee in front of me. Taking a sip of the hot liquid I enjoy the taste on my tongue. Then she says, "no need, dear. I called a friend yesterday and ordered some."

My head snaps up. "You did what?" She fidgets a little and says, "yes. I thought I would do it, so you didn't have to worry about it." I let out a heavy sigh. It's very sweet of her to do that, but this is still my house.

"Look, I like you all and you're welcome to stay here as long as you want to. Hell, you can even move in, but please respect that it is my house. You can do whatever you want, but when it comes to decorating and stuff like that, run it by me please?"

She puts her hand over mine. "I'm sorry Kira. It won't happen again." I give her a small smile and say, "thanks." It may not seem like a big deal to others, but this house is my safe haven, and I would like to decorate it myself so that it will stay that way. I don't want them to just decorate it as they want without running it by me first. Plus, my house is the only thing I have control over, and I need to have something I can control to not go insane. Just something.