Chapter 5

Cassandra just looked innocently at them and said. " I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no abilities whatsoever." Seb and Zeno stared at Cass's face and knew that she was lying to them.

"I must tell you that we can tell when someone is telling an untruth." Cass stared at Seb for two seconds and then burst out laughing.

"No one says 'untruth' your age is showing." Cass said smiling.

Seb smiled showing his impeccable while teeth at her making Cass smile back at him. Zeno just looked at both of them with a frown on his face. "Both of you have gone crazy, I'm out of here brother, if you don't need me. I think you need to talk more without me here cramping your style bro." Zeno rolled his eyes upwards and sauntered out of the living room and out of the house leaving them alone. He reached out telepathically to Seb. "I'm on demon patrol duty for a couple of hours Seb so take your time getting answers out of Cassandra. Any problems reach out to me."

"Okay, thank you Zeno, any problems on your end reach out to me and I'll come to you."

"Will do." Zeno broke the connection and shapeshifted into his cat and went patrolling around the neighbourhood.

"Would you like another glass of wine Cassandra?" Seb held the bottle of wine as poured himself a glass. Why the hell not Cass thought, she never had more than one glass especially on a working night as a rule. But tonight she needed more. She held her glass to Seb.

"Sure, thanks." They both sat at the dining table.

"Cassandra, you need to tell me the truth so I can help you. Demons are after you for a reason and we need to know why to better protect you. What can you do?"

Cass looked at Sebastian, her hands shook and she quickly put them under the table so he couldn't see them shaking. Why she was so nervous telling him about herself she didn't know why. She took a sip of wine for courage, she could feel the wine getting to her making her feel a little tipsy.

"Okay. Once I tell you this you will probably walk out and I won't blame you, that's why I don't tell people about myself. Taking a deep breath and another sip of wine.

"I can see things. I can see and locate the Greek Gods Scepters."

"Really?"

"You don't have to believe me. You know where the door is, don't let it hit you on the way out." Cass got angry and poured herself a third glass of wine.

"You do?"

"Yes. Do you hear the Gods speaking to you asking you to find their Scepters?"

"Yes, I do, but I try to ignore them as much as I can during the day. At night it gets difficult for me and I can't sleep. That's when I can hear the voices stronger and I'm at my weakest."

"Which God's voice do you hear?"

"Thanatos and Apollymi." Cass said. Seb swore in a language that Cass never heard before which surprised Cass as she had never heard Seb swear before. "Do you know if you are related to them by any chance?"

"Not that I know of. Why do you ask?"

"There has to be a reason why Thanatos, who is the God that loves to bring about death to everyone and he just happens to be best friends with Apollymi who is the Goddess of destruction. What a great combination, by the way."

"Is Thanatos asking you to find the Scepters, and has he said why?"

"Yes, he asked me to find them. He just said it's important to find them quickly before the other Gods find them."