Party Planning

You quickly notified the occupational health office of your negative result, setting up an appointment to check you for work again. You couldn't say that you enjoyed your involuntary time off work, but you did admit you needed a more productive use of your PTO for next time.

You couldn't remember the last time you had taken a vacation, especially because of how short staffed the hospital could be. Even the last request you had put in was denied for that reason.

Buck sat back onto your bed, and started pulling the blankets and sheets off. "What are you doing?" You asked, more confused than curious.

"If you're not sick anymore, you deserve to have everything else clean."

"That makes sense, but let me help." You said, and grabbed your laundry basket. Before you could lift it, however, Buck's metal fingers clasped onto the handle. "It's too heavy for you right now. Just because you're negative doesn't mean you get to act like nothing happened."

"Bucky, I'm serious, I'm going to go insane if you don't let me do something, I feel fine."

"If you find a more appropriate task that doesn't exert so much energy-"

You couldn't help where your mind immediately went, and your face started to burn up again as you let go of the laundry basket.

"Certainly not that." Buck finished his thought, and turned away from you, laundry basket in hand.

"You know what, Wanda asked me to plan a party for the ED, maybe I'll do that."

"Much better."

"Do you think it should be open to LifeFlight and EMS or just us nursing staff?"

"If you open it to other people, do the residents get an invite?"

"I mean, probably."

"Then no. I'll just go as your plus-one."

You laugh to yourself, you were already in a mood to drive Bucky crazy. "I don't know, I was thinking Sam could be my plus one, you could find something else to do."

"Like hell you're bringing Sam." Buck scowled, exiting the laundry room.

"There's just got to be a hierarchy to these things. Sam was the one that suggested renting out an amusement park, he deserves to see what happens. Besides, you don't seem like a party person."

"I'm not."

"So it's fine?"

"No."

"Let me do some research before you get all riled up about a party that isn't happening at the moment." You say, giggling to yourself at his reaction.