"I Hated It"

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2B7cJ0ZM80o7mHknMi0UdS?si=1cde216fa4724d7b THERE'S A PLAYLIST OF THIS STORY NOW!!

___...___

It took less than one electronic ring for the lines to connect. You opened your lips to tell off Bucky as you walked through the parking lot at the end of your shift, but his morning voice spoke first. It was gravelly but insanely hot.

"Was it everything you dreamed of, doll?"

You cut him off quickly before his intonation was over. "I hated it. They put me on triage."

"That's good, though. I'm glad they did. You're not ready for traumas again yet."

"That's not what you're supposed to say."

He gave a soft and low laugh. "What am I supposed to say, then?"

You couldn't get irritated at him. Not now. "I don't know." You deepened your voice to mimic his. "Something like, 'I'll call the unit to make sure you never have to do that again' to make sure I get back on trauma next week."

"I'm not going to do that. It would be better if you had more time to rest. Then you can go back to crushing people's ribcages and plugging bullet holes in people's arteries to your heart's desires."

"I don't think we'd have met if you didn't love that weird stuff too."

"Maybe not." He paused, but you could almost visualize the distant look he regularly made when thinking. "Are we both off tonight?"

"I mean, I am. I don't know your schedule; you and Sam seem to show up when I'm at work."

"Perfect. Do you want to go out with me tonight? After you get some sleep, of course. I'll plan everything, but I can pick you up at 10?"

"Ten? That's late for you. What are you planning on doing?"

"Do you want to see me sooner?"

You hitched your breath. You did, but you couldn't say that now. "Ten is fine."

"Perfect. Get some sleep. Wear something you can dance in." Buck said as the line clicked.

Dance?

Your head started spinning. You couldn't dance, and you held the grace of a newborn deer. What had you just agreed to?