Chapter 11

Corrie

"Mama you ready to get out the bath?" I came into the bathroom and saw Essence playin with her toys. We had ate some good ole fashion McDonald's.

She nodded putting her hands out to me.

I picked her up and wrapped a towel around her.

I remember having to pop a titty out for her to come the hell on. She loved her some milk fasho.

Once she was dressed I sat her on the bed with some fruit snacks and a apple juice box. She was watching TV. Perfect opportunity to take a shower while she's entertained.

While I'm the shower all I thought about was August. I felt so bad for him and his sister. Like where the hell did she go?

I got out and did my routine. I put on a see through sheer like robe and some slides. I put my hair into a curly puff with longer wet curls straggling at the top and sides. I looked at Essence she was still good so I went downstairs and to the kitchen.

I really do think our kitchen is my favorite part of the house. Especially with the view to the pool and the city. I couldn't wait to host events and holidays here. August did his big one with this house I swear.

 August did his big one with this house I swear

Anyways, I kinda had a craving for ice cream.

I pulled out some cookie dough ice cream and scooped some into a bowl.

We did a big grocery shopping run last week before our trip, so we were stocked for a while.

I ate a few bites before heading to the stairs when the gate ringed.

I sighed and put down my ice cream waking over to the door and pushed the button.

"Who is it?" I asked.

I heard heavy breathing. "It's..it's Chay."

I stopped for a second. "If this is really Chaylin, where did me and August go with you when we last saw you?"

"To the mall! You couldn't come with us at the same time cause you and August aren't together so y'all didn't want the paparazzi knowing anything. Especially Normani." Her voiced calmed down a bit. "Please let me in, it's really hot."

"Wow..uh okay. I'm opening the gate now." I said.

Once I opened it she came in and I unlocked the door. When she came to the door I noticed her clothes were kinda ripped up and her hair was messy. And she had dirt on her shoes.

"Before you come in, put your shoes over there. I don't want dirt in my house, ya feel?"

She nodded and put them to the side. Then I welcomed her in.

"I'm so glad your safe love." I smiled giving her a hug.

"Me too." She nodded hugging me back.

"Come into the kitchen and tell me what happened." I directed her.