Chapter 13

3 months later - Thanksgiving Eve

August

Today Corrie had a nigga running around tryna get everything straight for Thanksgiving.

I mean she was RUNNING AROUND.

A few months ago her grandmother texted her wanting to talk. Eventually they were cool and me and Corrie decided to have Thanksgiving at our crib this year.

Some of her family moved to Cali over the years but for the ones who were out in ATL, we got them plane tickets. Her main family was spending a few nights but errbody else hadda gone on head somewhere.

Right now we was at a store called HomeGoods. This girl was shopping for extra decorations.

"Damn Corrie. You sure we need allat?" I slightly chuckled.

She looked at me with a stare before returning back to her shopping. I was just following around.

I FaceTimed Chaylin to see how her and Essence was doing. I know every since I bought her this phone she been on top of shit!

"Wassup sis." I smiled into the camera.

"Hey Aug! Wassup?" She replied.

"What my mini's doing?"

"Eating up your fruit snacks and watching cartoons. How's Thanksgiving shopping?" She laughed.

"Girl girl girl. A stressful time Corrie's having. I mean seriously look." I said flipping the camera screen.

"Oh she means business." Chay giggled. "Why you not helping her?"

"I think it's better if I don't. But uhm I know y'all ain't in my stash of snacks! Y'all should be in Corrie's."

"Welllll..oh would you look at that, Essence told me it was time to return to cartoons. We love y'all, stay safe, and see y'all later!" She said before she hung up.

"Mannn." I sucked my teeth.

"Okayyy. I think I'm done. Let's go pay for this." Corrie said.

I nodded and walked behind her to the counter. After everything was scanned the the price went up to $6,738.98.

"Dayumm. I gotta stop spending mula." She laughed pulling out her card.

I beat her to the card insertion and slid my card in.

"Really?" She asked looking up at me.

I turned my head and rocked on my feet pretending I ain't hear a thing as my transaction went through. Still looking away, I put my card back.

"Now I coulda did that shit." She chuckled.

"Too bad I beat you to it. Na let's roll." I said.

We walked out with security and here came the flashes. How the hell y'all even find out we was at HomeGoods?

Without answering any questions, some security loaded Corrie's bags in the trunk of her truck and we got in.

I got nice and comfortable in my seat.

"Passenger princess head ass." She laughed now pulling off.

"And will be." I said.

Then our ride got quiet. Not no awkward silence but just focused on our surroundings.

"Nervous for tomorrow?" She asked.

I laughed. "I should be the one asking you."

"Hella. But I just wanted to see where you were at in your mind about this. If you at ANY point feel like they're getting too much, let me know and the house can go back to me, you, Essy, and Chay." She explained.