Chapter 8

bye i haven't heard this song in forever

August

"You want sum to drink?"

"Yeah whatchu got strong? I needa be on something to be over here." I sighed.

"What the hell- uhm, I have patron."

"Give me 2 shots." I said leaning back on the couch.

She nodded and went into the kitchen. Even though she's been a bartender before, I still hadda make sure she wunt on no bullshit.

Essence was knocked on the couch. Her sleepy ass was sleep even when we was at the hospital. I guess she's just a sleepy person.

I got up and watched as she poured them.

"You really think imma do sum to these baby ass shots?" She chuckled.

"Ya never know." I shrugged.

"I feel you." She nodded.

Once she finished I went ahead and downed the two shots.

"So what you gotta talk about?" I asked remembering why the fuck I was even here.

"Yo bitch Normani been on some snake shit." She chuckled.

"Huh? How you even know I'm with ha?" I asked.

"Y'all niggas internet sensations. Everybody know."

I nodded. "Hm."

"Anyways, watch out fa her. I got niggas that's on some shit that'll watch ha fa ya. Every since highschool when I moved back she been crazy bout you. Threatened the fuck outta me. She worse than Jayda." She said.

"Huh? Sevyn. Normani crazy, but she not that crazy."

"Whatever you say August." She sighed before her son and someone else came in.

"I told yo ass to stay-"

"August?! What the hell you doing over here?" Said a small figure by the name of Taeyana.

"Yana whatchu doin OUT HERE?" I asked.

"I'm staying down here for a few with bae while she clear some shit up out here." She said putting Sevyn's son down.

"Oh. Who you fuckin with?" I asked.

"That damn Reggie." Sev said.

"Well damn girl." She said.

"Regina?! Since when?"

"Maybe a good year after the last time I saw you and that girl. Speaking of her, where she been at? Regg hasn't spoken on her inna brick."

"She's uh...handling something right now. She just got back after about two years so." I nodded.

"Well I'll be dammed." Someone said walking in.

"Speaking offff." Tae smiled and kissed her.

"Wassup baby." Reggie said kissing her back. "August whatchu doing with these two big heads? Prolly bothering the mess outta him ain't they?" She said to me then Sevyn's son.

"Well Sev had me swing by. She was telling me about my girl." I sighed.

"Ya bitch crazy. I'm telling you." She added.

"Who ya girl again?" Regg asked.

"Normani." I said.

"Oh yeahhh. Damn. Funny seeing you without ole Corrie."

"Well right now she inna hospital cause unfortunately she got-"

"Corrie got what??!" She said.

"Stabbed." I said. Just saying that shit tore me up. I was sick man.

"HUH??" She said grabbing her keys again. "What hospital yo?"

"They visiting hours up. We gotta go in the morning." I huffed.

"When the FUCK this happened?"

"Nigga ion een know. But at some point this evening. She had saw me in the cell right before it."

"In the cell?" Sev asked. "What the fuck you do?"

"Some crazy shit." I sighed.

"Nah imma go see what the fuck going on." Regg said leaving out.

"She gon be mad as hell when they don't let ha in." I said. "But I guess imma head on. Thanks for the heads up though."

"No problem." Sev nodded. "And...I pray for a speedy recovery."

That stopped me. Sevyn doin sum like that? Maybe she finally grew the fuck up.

"Thanks." I grew a small smile.

I walked out with Essence and got into the car. And all I could think about was Corrie.

Every since she got BACK, she's been in bullshit. Bryson had to have wanted to kill her off.

I really hoped she was doing good.

******

The next day

I was up back at the hospital with Corrie.

Still in her small coma. She just looked lifeless as shit.

A doctor came in to check on her.

"Good afternoon Mr. Alsina. Would you like something to drink?" He asked.

"I'm good, and you can call me August. How is she?"

"She's pretty stable and doing well. Like we stated yesterday, she was pretty much in shock about the situation so it landed her in a coma. I feel like if she continues to make good progress, she'll be up in no time." He explained.

"I hear ya. Imma head on out though, I gotta meet some people."

"Sure thing August. See you later." He nodded before returning to the computer.

Making it to my car, I drove my way to my leasing office.

I was moving. And hopefully when Corrie wakes up, she can be surprised with a new home. Fuck Normani. When I leave here, I'm meeting her at the house and I'm breaking it off with her.

I was planning on taking Corrie down to Tampa to get anything she needs and so she can break off her lease.

After what felt like days, I finally broke off my lease and I had until the end of August to move. Which I knew I was gonna be gone quicker than that.

It was the beginning of August too. A nigga month.

I called Normani and she agreed to meet me at the house.

****

"Uhm..we aren't breaking up nigga." She scoffed.

"You have until the morning to getcho shit and get out." I said.

"Why?! I mean we love each other." She pouted pulling her arms around my body.

I pushed her back. "Bro. Get yo shit and leave! I advise you start packing up now sweetheart."

"You don't wanna do this. I promise you." She said softly as she grabbed onto my print.

I walked upstairs away from her.

She ain't want to pack her shit so I was gonna pack it for her stubborn ass.

A few minutes she came up and saw what I was up to.

"WHAT THE FUCK YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" She yelled.

"Packing up yo shit. I done told yo ass to come up here and do it." I said sorta chucking a bag at her.

"You know what...fine. Fine! We're done!" She said walking into the closet and packing.

"You can't break up with me if I already did it." I laughed.

"Get away from me." She scoffed.

"This my house...but imma let you keep on packing. Imma go visit da crew and we finna go see my baby muva up dere." I said walking towards the bedroom door.

"You mean yo bitch." She said under her breath.

I chuckled to myself walking out.

I shoulda called her my wife to be extra.