Chapter 28

August - Corrie's Therapist appointment, June 27th.

Friday

So me and Corrie was at the therapist office. As time progressed, she began to remember everything. Day by day.

Everything came back to her. Well, almost. There's still little bits and pieces like small dates and little things. Nothing major.

The docs say that she progressed really quickly and that it was a miracle she was able to start remembering things.

Thank you Jesus.

I was waiting outside in the lobby while she was in her session.

It was a coupla people. Real chill.

I mean it should be. People in here talking bout they life problems and possibly killing themselves and shit. Imagine it not being chill.

But I guess therapists are trained to help so.

Oh and duh, another thing. Today was the day of our baby's gender reveal. We were excited as hell. I hoped to get a son, but if I get blessed with another daughter, then so be it.

She scheduled this appointment solely for today. She wanted to make sure she was ready.

Corrie came out shortly after.

"Ready mama?" I asked.

She nodded. "Let's go so I can get ready for this."

I chuckled as I took her hand we walked out.

Once we were in the car and driving, I got a call from Dell.

I tapped the green button on the car screen.

"Wassup nigga?" I said.

"Wassup. What time y'all coming through?" He asked.

"Prolly 3. Right?" I asked looking at Corrie.

"Yeah. We going home now so I can get ready." She responded.

"Cool cool." He said.

We decided to have the reveal at Sarai and Dell's. Since Rai knew the gender, it was only right.

"So uh, you the husband of the woman who knows our baby's gender....slide us some hints."

"Can't do that one. That muhfucka gon hurt me." He chuckled.

"Mannn whatever." Corrie laughed.

"Aight man. We gon holla when we on the way."

"Fasho. See y'all."

"Byeee!" Corrie said as I hung up.

I looked over at her and she was rubbing her stomach.

"It's giving deja vu." She smiled looking down.

"Whatchu mean?"

"August this is our second baby. We outchea growing a family. I felt just like this when I was finding out the gender of Essence. I'm so glad I started to remember things." She said.

"I'm glad you are too." I smiled. "Damn. Never would I have thought I was gon have kids or get married but you changed me. I actually hated the idea of being someone's father. Solely because I didn't want to be like my dad. I want to pass down good traits and hopefully I'll have a son to do that too."

"I'm sure that you won't be like him. August look at you. You're doing amazing and you're only 23. Millionaire shit. Taking care of a family. A big ass artist. I mean you got it on lock. They thought you were gonna be like them and you showed they ass. I'm so proud of you and what you've done." She explained.