A Hero is Born: Part 1/2

The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There maybe no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King.

A male brunette exclaimed, "Oh, that's so good! Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome-." Posing as he punctuated the last sentence.

The man across the boy, who we now know is named Mk, smiled, "Oh, MK. And you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories." Mk interjected, "Oh, but I do. I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King. Written and illustrated by yours truly." He winked, "Like I knew he was born from a stone, and live behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And- and- and oh!"

Tang, putting his hand to his chin, grabbed one of the pages from Mk's autobiography book of Monkey King, "It's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips." Clearing his throat, he said, "Well, you know the deal: one story, one free bowl of Zha jiang mian. Hmm?"

Mk was confused, but later remembered his deal with Tang. "Huh? Oh right, free noodles! Yep, on it." While getting the bowl of noodles, Mk asked, "How heavy do you think a mountain is? Compare to like-". He didn't get to finish his question when a wooden spoon was thrown his way, smacking the bowl of noodles away from his hands.

"Free noodles?!", the pig demon exclaimed as he caught the noodles, stopping them before they hit the ground. "No one gets a free meal at Pigsy's! I'm not running a charity here, Tang!", yelled Pigsy.

"Ah, but Pigsy. I was paying with wisdom.", retaliated Tang, while waving his hand in the air, as if doing magic. "Yeah? Well, wisdom don't pay the rent, you freeloader! And you!", Pigsy yelled, pointing at Mk. "You've been slacking off all morning! I've got a dozen orders that need to go out, so quit slacking and get packing!", backing Mk into a wall as he stomped his way towards him.

"Yeah. I was about to take my break. So...", Mk trailed off. "Break? Break?!", Pigsy raged. "There's no break in war! I need workers.", he said raising his wooden spoon like a sword. "Soldiers in the army of Pigsy's Noodles, home of the world's longest noodles. How else am I gonna expand my business into enemy territory?"

"Uh, do you mean across the street?", Mk questions. Glaring at the boar across the street, "I stand by my statement! Now, hurry up!", Pigsy says as he kicks Mk out of his shop. He sighs, thinking about what he's gonna do with the kid if Mk continues to be like this. Glancing over at Tang, he catches Tang with a bowl of noodles. Pigsy takes out a wooden spoon to attack Tang with it.

"Hey, get back here, you coward!", Pigsy yells. "No, Pigsy!", exclaims Tang, not wanting to be hit with the spoon in his attacker's hand. "I want my money!", Pigsy yells back.

Meanwhile with Mk
Mk drives across Megapolis, delivering the noodles provided by Pigsy. Passing by a some people playing checkers and other watching from the sidelines. He was on his way delivering the last orders of noodles and didn't notice a sign that read 'Do Not Enter'. He got out of the delivery car and stepped into the elevator and pulled the lever down. Dancing his way to his destination, he stops as he notices multiple figures and a feminine voice starts to talk.