Chapter 3 - The Internship

Mia's POV

It's the first day of my Internship with a huge fashion house. This is my first time working any sort of normal job and not being undercover. I didn't work in college because I didn't need the money obviously and I wanted to focus on my studies and partying. This is uncharted territory, to work and be myself, well a version of myself that I am presenting to the world as normal. For my first day I have decided to dress to impress since I'll be working with some big fashion names. I chose black skinny jeans, black heeled boots, a criss cross black and white blouse, my Gucci belt, and simple jewelry. (See picture below)

I walk in to the reception desk and let them know I am here for the internship. The girl at the desk shoos me towards the sitting area and goes back to answering the chaotic phones. I go sit down laughing at how normal I was and how she literally ignored me. If only she knew who I was. I don't know how I feel about being "normal." Even though I'm not and I could take out any of these people with the blink of an eye. It feels slightly comforting when I think about the life I would have led had I been raised by my biological parents.

A tall slender man with an all black Dior suit, silver accessories, and studded black loafers comes out to fetch me and give me a tour of the fashion house. "Hey Mia, I'm Dion and I will be your fairy godmother around here, now stand up and give me a twirl." I do as he says, do a twirl, and wink at him. He laughs, "well aren't you refreshing and absolutely drop dead gorgeous, I would think you were here for modeling." I then laugh," thanks D! My brother is actually a model, but I prefer a more private life." I am always careful what I tell people because of the whole assassin thing you know. I am also the American mafias best kept secret. I have never been photographed with them so no one knows I am part of the family and that's how we all like to keep it because it eliminates targets on my back and also allows me to be X. "D? Hmmmm.... I love it, but only from you, don't go letting the riff raff hearing you say that, I have a reputation to uphold. I can already tell you and I will be great friends."

D sets me up in my cubicle and lets me know that he will come fetch me for my first French lunch. I love my cubicle and am looking forward to my social media marketing. Even though I graduated with a degree in Biochemistry/Engineering I thought a social media marketing internship would be fun!

D and I go to lunch and he is surprised when I order in perfect French. I laugh and tell him I speak a few languages. "So, tell me all I need to know about my new bestie," D says as he pulls out a cigarette to smoke. "Well like I said, I like a more private life and enjoy the mystery, but I will tell you that I'm 20, a college graduate, love fashion, favorite food is pizza, my color is black, and I speak a few languages," I wink as I say the last part. "Oh, and I may or may not be extremely rich, but that's something that stays between us." D looks at me so intrigued and just nods as our food comes. We begin eating and talking about life or my fake life. D tells me a bunch of stuff about him like he's 26, gay, single, is a stylist for the fashion house, and his favorite color is fashion. I of course already knew all of this because the assassin in me has to know everything at all times and I've done my research on everyone I will be in contact with during my internship.

We go back to the office and the rest of the day is pretty chill. I am finally off around 6pm and go back to the hotel. My friends are getting there as well so we all decide to go out to dinner and talk about our first day. We stay out until about 9pm after eating, laughing, and drinking, then head back to the hotel ready to repeat the day again tomorrow.

 We stay out until about 9pm after eating, laughing, and drinking, then head back to the hotel ready to repeat the day again tomorrow