CHAPTER 10 - SILENT TRIPS

The film had a good ending, but this only applied to one of the main protagonists and one could immediately conclude that there would still be a sequel

The film had a good ending, but this only applied to one of the main protagonists and one could immediately conclude that there would still be a sequel. Only Beomgyu would certainly skip the second part. The film had been clearly too predictable and much too boring for him. Which could also be due to the fact that he had kept glancing over at his date, who had been stubbornly shoveling her popcorn into herself, or watching Yeonjun and Seulgi. But nothing had happened between them since the attempted kiss.

They chatted about it briefly, in fact it was a very animated conversation about the movie as they walked in leisurely steps to the entrance hall. Even Beomgyu participated in it. Who, apart from Jihyo, had probably heard the most about the film.

Arriving at the entrance hall, Yeonjun and Seulgi stopped and talked in flirty whispers. Beomgyu didn't feel like listening to this banter and slowly walked towards the exit. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a person and glanced at her in wonder. Jihyo, who silently accompanied Beomgyu outside, kept a safe distance of half a meter from him.

He was sorry to have treated her that way, and he was aware of how terribly uncomfortable she must feel. He felt the same way, but he didn't know how to break the ice.

So he said nothing at all.

Once they were standing outside the movie theater, surrounded by an unusually quiet floor of the mall, Jihyo murmured softly, "Sorry again if you had a bad day because of us."

With that, she was the first to break the incessant silence between them, and it didn't look like it came easily to her.

"It's not your fault, I should be sorry if it ruined your evening," Beomgyu replied sympathetically. He glanced back through the sliding glass door and saw Yeonjun and Seulgi with their cell phones in their hands probably exchanging numbers. They seemed so natural about it. So poised and laughing about something.

Beomgyu averted his eyes.

Tried to focus on the smaller girl in front of him. "Maybe I can make it up to you another day?" he inquired. "Without them, of course," Beomgyu added, nodding in the direction of Yeonjun and Seulgi.

Jihyo thought about it for a few seconds and looked at Beomgyu before finally agreeing with a nod and they exchanged numbers as well.

They were just putting their phones away again when Yeonjun and Seulgi came outside as well, and together they walked to the exit of the shopping mall. The cool night air was a pleasant change and invigorated Beomgyu's spirits. Even though it bothered him that the date had gone better for Yeonjun, the fresh breeze did him good and he was able to push that thought aside for a moment. While Yeonjun exchanged a few more brief words of farewell, Beomgyu just waved to his date and Jihyo returned it with a nod, then turned and walked ahead to the car.

"Yah! Wait for me!" the brown-haired man called after his best friend, but the latter didn't listen to him, just kept walking with a mean smirk on his lips.