CHAPTER 20 - RODEO GIRL

With a soft groan, Beomgyu awoke from his dreamless sleep

With a soft groan, Beomgyu awoke from his dreamless sleep. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at the door, trying to place where he was. This was his room. Clearly, yet he felt foreign. Strange in this room, strange in his own body. And when he tried to move, he gave another groan. The muscles in his neck ached and he felt a slight twinge in his shoulder, throbbing down his arm.

How bad could one lie in his own bed that he woke up with such pain?

When the black-haired man tried to support himself with his arms to stand up, it was the stabbing pain in the left side of his head that sent him back to the mattress. On the second try, he at least managed to put his bare feet on the cold parquet floor and sit upright in bed. It had been a hard night, which was basically the alcohol's fault, he could feel this in every fiber of his body.

Beomgyu looked down at himself and realized he was still wearing the clothes from the party and wrinkled his nose. He sighed one last time, ran his hand through his dark hair a few times, and finally stood up.

As soon as he left his room, he was greeted by Shownu's warm voice, who asked with amusement at the sight of Beomgyu, "Had a rough night?"

As usual, the broad-shouldered bodyguard stood next to the boy's room.

Still half asleep, Beomgyu nodded to him, extended his hand, and patted the man on the shoulder. Shownu returned the gesture with a smile and a nod, but Beomgyu had already staggered on toward the bathroom, where he first stripped off his alcohol- and smoke-stinking clothes and stood under the shower. After facial care, shaving and brushing his teeth was done, he reached for the freshly dried clothes to get dressed.

But already with the jeans he was faced with a big problem, which his tired mind could not comprehend.

Why were these jeans so long?

He slipped them back out and held them an arm's length away from him to take a closer look at the garment and realized that they just weren't his.

"Oh man, Kai," the black-haired man grumbled, tossing them back over the dryer and reaching for the next pair of jeans, which actually fit this time. However Kai's pants had gotten into his dryer, he would confront him yet.

Beomgyu took the pants with him as he left the bathroom.

From a distance, he could hear his father's loud speaking voice, so the student stopped indecisively in front of the stairs and listened to the words for a moment. From the way his father spoke and the words he used, Beomgyu could tell that he was not in a very good mood. His gaze moved on to Shownu, who was still standing next to Beomgyu's room, returning his gaze. But the bodyguard just shrugged his shoulders and Beomgyu went back to his room.

Then he remembered that he could check his cell phone and do his morning routine. Wish Yeonjun a good morning, check Instagram and see what was going on today. But before the black-haired man even got to it, he discovered that the guys in the group had already composed a few messages. Apparently, his friends were all already over at Yeonjun's place, because that had been written an hour ago. So Beomgyu decided to pay his best friend a visit and went out to the balcony, climbing down it. As soon as his shoes touched the ground, he put his headphones in his ear and took one last look at his house.