CHAPTER 3: Entry No. 3

Saturday, 3:25 PM

The Dome of Halls. Second destination. Lewis had taste indeed.

    "You booked us in here?" Andrea wowed. "Bro, this costs tons!"

    "Anything for my Princesses." With a maniac and disgusting made-up face, Lewis hooted, glancing from Ava to Rosie.

    Of course, Rosie and Sadie rolled their eyes while sniggering.

    "Ew," Rosie sharply shrieked.

    The Dome of Halls was established first as a zoo. But when the local government saw more than harboring animals that were supposed to roam free in the wild, they started to incorporate rooms with what every biome looked and felt like. They added in seasons room for summer to winter. You name it. Even the room of rainforest had moisted the walls inside it. Real wood trees were embedded to the artificial soil. To summarize the place, it's educational in a more sensible and wet manner.

    Andrea pulled Allison staight to the Autumn room, followed by Noah and Monica to the Taiga section. "Come on! Come on! Let's take pictures in there!" Andrea squealed.

Just before I could step farther from the group, beads of uncomfortable black and grey clouded my eyes.

    Distortion.

    It just hurt my head. It stung as if I'm being hit by lightning...My vision went into a raging blur. Full blur. It felt like vertigo. You know that feeling standing up after hours of being glued on your phone? That's how it felt like.

    Not long after, my head stopped panging, but every wall around me wobbled. I caught an arm, it was Noah's. Andrea and Monica stood close.

    "You okay?" Noah fixed my flannel. "You almost hit the lamp."

    I looked up to see the fancy lamps screwed to the walls, and I rubbed my temple. Those lights that flickered on me made me lose my balance.

    "I'm all right. Just got dizzy."

    "Maybe because you were driving all trip," said Andrea, giving me her water bottle. When it hit my skin, I shivered from the cold. "Here. Have a drink. Maybe you're dehydrated."

    I didn't like how my insides wiggled from the instant contact to her water jug. I shook my head politely to decline. Besides, I prefer soda than water.

     "No, no, I'm good."

    Monica patted my shoulder. Maybe a bit too harsh. "You know, my grandpa used to faint and complain about vertigo for years."

     I kinda knew where this was going, especially if it's Monica who's talking.

     "I miss him now."

     How Andrea laughed at her hysterically was how hysterical my playful glare on Monica was right now.

      Noah then asked in between his smiles. "Well, that should mean I could drive Ricky's van next, correct?"

     I only mentally smiled from Noah's excitement. He always loved to brag how awesome he can turn out in front of the steering wheel. I let him be, giving him the keys.

    There were a total of thirty-two different rooms inside the hectares of the Dome. So far, I've only gotten inside of thirteen.

    Ricky and Diya—the inseparable —wandered around with me.

    "Y'know, Noah has the keys. He insisted," I smiled at Ricky. "Who has the pictures from Liverwest?"

     Diya shrugged. She was the type that is quiet, but mostly chill. "I think Av has them. Or, I dunno, check Rosie or Andrea."