10 - Fighting Those We Love

EARLIER

Stood on the ground, outside The BBC HQ, was a young-looking reporter. With black spikey hair and brown eyes, he did have a charm to him. Smiling and nodding his head, he'd hold a microphone towards his mouth. Looking towards a camera, he'd begin to speak.

"Welcome to Dare 24/7 News, my name is Mason Smith, our top story. Two powered individuals fight over The BBC Headquarters. From what it seems, they're able to fly and control different elements. We..."

Getting cut off, a plate of metal would head towards the reporter. He would gasp at the sight, stumbling backward. But it would suddenly stop in mid-air. Looking back up, Mason would spot Sapphire holding her hand towards him. Using her control of gravity, she would stop the metal before launching it towards Graviton.

"Wow..." Mason would chuckle, turning back to the camera. "Well folks, I guess we can tell who the hero is here. That star right there!" The camera would pan to Sapphire. "That beautiful, black... Star... Aha!" The camera turned back to the reporter. "You heard it here first, Black Star!"

The cameraman would tilt his head slightly, finding the name offensive. But quickly, Sapphire and Onyx would fly past. Fighting as they did, Sapphire would overhear the reporter. Throwing her hand toward her brother, a huge rock would hit his head. Taking the opportunity, Sapphire would use her abilities to knock Mason to the floor. As he looked around confused, she would giggle.

"Black Star?" She spoke to herself. "I could rock that!"

Quickly, Graviton launched himself back into her.

"Of course, I get an alias... So you need one!" He growled.

Turning around, he'd quickly fly off in the direction where Freight-Tale left, being followed by Black Star soon after. Exiting the building, Fast Maker and Chief Death watched them leave. Nodding towards each other, they'd begin their pursuit.

---

Still in the air, sending their attacks towards each other, Sky and Onyx would growl. Sending a flame-covered fist towards the alien, he'd just miss. Flying out of the way, Graviton would laugh before using his powers to throw the hero to the ground. As he collided to the floor with a thud, Chief Death and Black Star would notice him beside them.

Suddenly, a growl would be heard in the distance. Flying through the sky with their large purple wings flapping rapidly, Bella-Rose would be seen in her dragon form. Making her way towards Graviton, he would quickly spot her. Seeing a dragon caused him to gasp, leading the beast to collide with him. Skidding through the air, he'd grunt in pain. The female Death Sibling would follow her attack with a flamethrower from her throat. Noticing the fire heading for him, Graviton would quickly fly to safety.

"Now that..." He frowned. "I did not expect!"

Holding his hand towards the large purple dragon, he'd begin to clench his fist. Decompressing the gravity around her, Bella-Rose would start to gasp in pain. With a smirk, he'd launch her towards the ground. With a smash, she'd collide with a police van. Spotting everything going down, Chief Death quickly made his way over to his sister.

Watching the fight a little distance away, Lola and Ben would sigh. Seeing their cousin easily taken down and their brother in pain, they tried to come up with a plan. Discussing different ideas, they'd always come back with too many cons. Shaking their heads, an idea would quickly form in the female's mind.

"I know what to do..." She spoke, looking down at herself.

"What?" Ben asked, tilting his head.

"Well, from what I remember, my powers were quite effective against Graviton..." She would look back up to her brother. "So what if I take control of The Blinding Light!"