Chapter 13: Meeting at noon

The meeting section as the table is being transformed by the advisor to become longer, the seat to be customized to each individual. My seat is still decorated with black rose and gold, such as queen or consort, and it is placed beside Kryos, as it was in the throne room. The two ministers bring out a pile of papers of each their own, as does the dark bishop, but it is far less than what the two bring. Kryos has also brought some, leaving me and Blood Claw empty-handed.

"In what order should we begin today?" Advisor asks if there is anything important, to which the three shake their heads, and Kryos says to call him off last. Blood Claw remains silent, taking no action. I am the same but for a different reason. Of restlessness due to the unfamiliarity of the situation.

"Well, then, we'd proceed as usual, with the exception of the prince being last this time." I suppose I'll summon the high bishop to solicit church donations."

"In the last month or so, the church has accumulated 150 gold coins from private ritual affirmation, half of which are power wishes." The gossipers haven't heard of any rising rebel force. That concludes my contributions." At the end of the reports, there isn't much whispering because the usual is quite firm on this subject expect the case of rebellion. Faith is one of the more delicate subjects, but in the land of lust, pleasure is prioritized over all else. Praying for power is demon nature, which is not particularly concerning.

"The corps hearsay as many consider valuable herbs of mortals trading, they serve little to no effect on those of our demon." The shipment from the Land of Envy is sufficient for these months, but..." The agriculture minister tramples on his words on that page, his nervousness is unwelcome on this table as I look to Kryos' side, he is sure to grow more impatient as he tries to end this quickly for the sake of the matter at hand. Whereas the commerce minister simply smirks, the hidden smile reveals more when the advisor urges him to proceed.

"It will take a heavy toll on my commerce side, but as I said, those coins can come around quickly, so don't worry agriculture minister dear." As I previously stated, investment requires patience in order to bear fruit." I wonder what would have happened if the librarian had appeared instead of the commerce minister as he concluded the end of the agriculture minister's report. As he sits, the prince turns to face the commerce minister.

"Is the kingdom's treasury being drained once more, commerce?" I dare say the contract you have with me is thinning as my tolerance for your interference dwindles." While the commerce minister slowly explains himself, Kryos' face turns red.

"Your Majesty, nothing in the contract says anything about doing outside work that doesn't interfere with my job as this kingdom's commerce minister." Those investments are being generously provided by one of my previous patrons. Do you have to forget what I did previously? Your majesty?" The tension between them grows stronger as they lock their gaze on Kryos. I need to say something to defuse this situation.

"I can think of some ideas to improve our current dire food shortage situation." As soon as I say that, the rest of the table turns. Those eyes were filled with unknown curiosity or greed.

"Are you sure you can perform such a miracle, kid?" There is no demand for what you should put on that small shoulder of yours." The agriculture minister expresses his discontent "After all, the little show you've put on for this meeting is quite desperate, but don't think of redeeming yourself without proper planning." He is correct in that my previous tantrum isn't helping this case; it just makes me look desperate after acting impulsively.

"I can vouch for their majesty on that." This is not an impulsive action, but rather one based on our private meeting last night in the king's office." The advisor expresses his opinions on the subject. He supports me purely out of spite for the agriculture minister's incompetence.