012

Lacey got to school. She stood in the corridor. She frowned as she looked to see Mollie and Tom as they stood arguing in the corridor.

Lacey looked to her sister and frowned. She was worried about her sister. She knew that she blamed herself for how her sister's relationship fell apart.

She blamed herself for the fact that she didn't open up about their father and what he did. Lacey knew how he had tried to touch Lily. She would never forgive herself for that.

Lacey looked to see Tom as he walked off. She walked over to where Mollie was. She smiled as she looked to her sister. "I'm sorry that he is being a jerk. You don't deserve that. You're a good person," Lacey said.

Mollie looked to her little sister and smiled. "Don't worry. It's not your fault. He cheated. He's causing arguments. This thing with our father and Lily, it has nothing to do with it. Despite what he said. So don't blame yourself for it okay? I know what you are like. How you like to blame yourself," she said as Lacey looked to her and smiled.

Lacey knew that she couldn't help but feel guilty over everything that had happened.

She knew what a mess that it was. She knew that she just wanted for everything to be normal. But she knew that their family was far from normal.

Especially after what their father did to them.

****

Lacey sat in the common room. She looked to see Max as he walked in.

He smiled as he walked over to her and looked to her. "I wanted to talk to you. I know how hard that things are. I know how you have been seeing that therapist. I just wanted to see how you are. And see if you're okay?" He asked as he sat next to her.

Lacey looked to him and smiled. "I'm okay. I am trying to cope with all that happened. I want to move on with my life. And be happy. But it's not easy. I have been through a lot. I hate it," she sad as Max looked to her and smiled.

He placed a hand on top of hers. He smiled as he looked to her. "I know how hard it's been. But I am here. You are going to be okay. I promise you," he said as and looked to him and smiled.

****

Lacey got home. She smiled as she saw Claire. Claire looked to her youngest daughter and smiled. "How are you feeling?" Claire asked as she looked to her daughter.

"I'm okay. I am taking it one day at a time. I just want everything to be okay. I am worried about Mollie. This break up with Tom, it's getting to her more than she'd liked to admit," Lacey said.

Claire smiled. "So am I. But I'm her mother. I'm there for her. For both of you. Mollie will be okay," she said as Lacey looked to her and smiled.

Lacey had no idea just how things were going to change in her life.