013

Lacey stood in front of the mirror as she got ready for school. She knew that she was finally starting to feel normal. She was starting to get her life back on track after everything that had happened.

Lacey knew how hard that things were with what she had been through. But Lacey knew that her father had pleaded guilty for what he had done. How he was going down for it

Lacey got ready for school and walked down into the kitchen as she saw Claire.

Claire smiled as she looked to her.  "Hi darling. Are you okay?"

Lacey looked to her and smiled.  "I'm okay. I just want to move on. He's gone. And that's how it has to be. But I'm glad. I don't have to live in fear. I just don't want Mollie and Tom to fight over what happened. I mean she's my sister. And Tom makes her happy," she said.

Claire smiled. "You know Mollie and Tom. They are always fighting. They'll make up eventually. They have tow girls together. Don't you worry about it. It will be okay," she told her. 

Lacey smiled. "I guess."

"And when it comes to that monster who hurt you. You know that you have nothing to worry about," Claire said as she walked over to Lacey. She pulled her close and smiled.

"I just...I'm not his victim, you know? I just want to move on and be happy,"  Lacey said.

Claire looked to her and smiled. "I know. And you will darling."

****

Lacey got to school. She saw Mollie and smiled. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Mollie looked to her and sighed. "I'm okay. I just want to try and make it work. Tom and I are fighting a lot. But I love him still. And we have two kids together," Mollie said

Lacey nodded. "You have been through a lot with what he did to Lily. It's a good job he never hurt like he did me. You and Tom will be okay. I know that it's hard. But you will be okay. You just need to make time for your relationship."

Mollie smiled. "When did my little sister get so smart. You don't need to worry. We'll sort it. Is everything okay with you?"

Lacey looked to her and nodded. "Yeah. I think so. I mean it isn't easy. But I am getting there," she said as Mollie looked to her and smiled.

****

Lacey sat in the common room. She smiled as she looked to see Max as he walked in. He looked to her and smiled. "How are you?" Max asked.

Lacey shrugged and smiled.  "I'm okay sir. Things have been hard. I have been through a lot. But I am good," she said.

Max placed a hand on her cheek. He smiled,  "I know that things have been hard. But you're not alone. I am here for you," he said as the two of them held a look for a moment.

Lacey couldn't help but feel the urge to kiss him. She knew how he was the executive head. And she shouldn't feel that way.

But little did Lacey know how everything was going to change between them.