015

Lacey knew how she was getting her life back on track and she knew it wasn't easy. She knew that she wanted to be more than the girl who was abused by her dad.

Lacey knew that she wanted to do well at school and have a future. She knew how Max Tyler had offered to tutor her and she felt honoured by it.

She knew how he was the executive head. And she knew how he probably had better things to do.

Lacey got dressed and walked down into the kitchen. She smiled as she saw Claire. "Hi."

Claire looked to her and smiled. "Hi darling. How are you?" She asked.

Lacey smiled. "Tired."

Claire looked to her and smiled. "I told you to go to sleep early. I know that things haven't been easy for you. But I am proud of how you are dealing with what happened. And what you went through. I'm proud of how you are moving forward. I know how it can't be easy."

Lacey looked to her and smiled. "I had good days and bad days. But I know if I let what he did to me get to me then what's the point in it all," Lacey said as Claire looked to her and smiled.

She knew that she wanted to kill her ex for what he had done to Lacey but she was proud of how strong Lacey really was.

"I'm proud of you. I want you to know that," Claire said as Lacey smiled.

****

Lacey got to school she smiled as she saw Mollie. "Hey. How's my little sister?" Millie asked.

Lacey looked to her and rolled her eyes. "I hate when you say that. Makes it seem like i am a baby," she said.

Mollie looked to her and smiled. "No matter how old you are you will always be my baby sister. I spoke to Mr Tyler. He told me how he is helping you with all the school you lost and to help your grades. That's great isn't it. I mean, I know how smart you are so it won't take you long to catch up," she said.

Lacey smiled. "Yeah I just want to have a normal life. I know people see me as the girl who was abused by her dad. I want to be more than that," she said.

Mollie looked to her. She smiled and nodded. "You're not her girl anymore Lace, okay. It will be okay," she said.

****

Lacey sat in the room with Max as he helped her with maths. She knew it was her worst subject.

Lacey looked to him and smiled as he showed her how to deal with fractions. She knew it wasn't easy.

Lacey forced to him and smiled. "Thank you for this. I know that you didn't have to do this. It means a lot to me," she said.

Max looked to her and smiled. "You don't need to thank me," he said as she smiled. She knew that things were not easy.

She had no idea just how things were going to change.