Chapter 17: Beach Shenanigans (Sight Fix)

July 5, 2022, 3:14 PM
Brooklyn, New York City
Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue Station

(1st POV)
Finally departing from the hour-long subway ride, in which the girls were rather topsy-turny in navigating the station, we finally made it out of the station.

Looking back, I can still see the iconic shape of the subway station, and seeing an MTA Bus pull in, presumably to pick up/drop off bus riders, that scene made Enty have a nostalgic face.

"Man, seeing an MTA Bus gives me a lot of nostalga; I even have my MTA Xpress card," Enty asked, pulling out a card with the MTA logo on the front.

"Heh, I think I remember Shoukaku and Zuikaku having that card aa well, though I'm not sure how effective the MTA Public Transit system is in Japan... now that I think about it, the crane siblings did went on a trip to check out the national parks of the United States," Solar adds, much to the confusion of the girls.

I decided to also join in on the conversation, because I also want to pitch in, hehe~

"Oh yeah, Shoukaku was the one who wanted to explore the national parks, mainly Yellowstone National Park. Zuikaku was reluctant to head to the United States, as he supposedly heard horror stories about the country, mainly with the government," I added to the conversation.

"Yeah, what's up with the US Government? Everyday, I cringe to think about what in the world are our politicians doing. Like, the Republicans are big douchebags for real, and the Democrats aren't really much better, as they're too passive," Enty joins in on the conversation.

"Damn politics, always ruining the mood of anything... wonder what Shoukaku, Zuikaku and the others are doing right now..." Enty mutters, obviously annoyed about the entire fiasco happening in his country.

While this was going on, the girls are extremely confused by what we three were talking about.

Solar noticed their confusion and went to clear the confusion.

"Nothing major; me, Enty and Shinano will tell you girls more about the rest of our fellow friends, mainly Shoukaku and Zuikaku; those two cranes are a very wild bunch, moreso than Akagi and Kaga," Solar continues.

"Yes, Shoukaku and Zuikaku are brother and sister, and Akagi and Kaga are both biological brothers. Anyways, enough talk about damn US politics, we're here now, the boardwalk of Coney Island," Solr announces.

Walking to the beach, much cleaner than the last time I remembered visiting, it's sort of empty... I don't see a single person other than us anywhere as far as I can see...

"Hey, Enty? Why is there no one here on the beach boardwalk at all?" Solar suddenly asked.

"Beats me. However, it seems like we have this entire beach to ourselves; that means we can do a wide range of activities on said beach!" Enty exclaimed.