Teachers Bet

Natalia and Shawn walked up to Cory, who was sitting next to Minkus, and Shawn handed him a rolled up magazine

"Hey, Cory," Shawn said. "I brought you a great article on Barry Bonds."

Cory opened it and said, "Ah, the 43 million dollar man."

Minkus tilted his head. "Why do they call him that?"

"Because that's what he's getting payed to play baseball for six years." Shawn explained.

"Bit overpriced if you ask me." Daniel said, walking up and standing next to Minkus.

"Well, nobody asked you." Shawn snapped.

Natalia and Minkus looked at the paper and said, "7.1 million a year?"

Shawn stopped glaring at Daniel, and looked at his sister confused. "If that's what it comes out to, yeah."

Cory pointed at the magazine, turning to Minkus and Daniel. "He happens to be one of the top guys in baseball."

"Well, I happen to think Mr Feeny is one of the top guys in teaching and he makes about 40 thousand a year."

Natalia's eyes widened. Before she could say anything, Shawn beat her too it. "That stinks."

"Finally." Minkus nodded. "Something we can agree on."

Cory nodded.

"Feeny ain't worth that kind of money."

Natalia smacks her brothers arm. "For dealing with the two of you all the time, I think he deserves a raise."

"Exactly." Minkus nodded. "I knew you would agree with me, my sweet."

"Two steps back." Shawn glared.

"Minkus," Cory said. "Can I call you Minkus? Does spelling every change? No. Does history ever change? Uh uh. Does Feeny every change? Never. You know why? He doesn't have to. Know why? Cause nothing about teaching sixth grade ever changes."

"Well, I think you're wrong." Minkus said, instantly.

"Well, I think I'm right." Cory said.

Shawn and Daniel watched in amusement. Natalia couldn't help the sigh they left her mouth. How did she ever become friends with Cory?

"I think I'm about five seconds, Feeny walks in here, takes a sip from the drinking fountain, flicks his mustache, goes to the coffee machine, sees me, and goes, "Good morning Mr Matthews. I trust you've done the homework". Every day the same thing. He's so predictable."