The cringe continues

Your first class is Math. You sit in a chair in the middle, like always. Not wanting to be in the front of attention, but also not with the loud troublemaking stoners in the back, this is the perfect spot. There always seems to be a space of empty desks around yours, as no one ever wants to sit next to the weird kid. 

"Today is a special day." Your teacher, Ms. Splora tells everyone. "Today we have a new student, Thomas E. Trane." She ushers a student into the room, and it is love at first sight. With pale clear skin, dark neat hair, and a tall shape, he is gorgeous. He is wearing a tight red sleeveless shirt, with a small hint of what's underneath it, and blue cargo pants, with long silver chains. He looks around the class, and it may just be your hope for love, but you could've sworn he looked at you for an extra second. 

"Thomas, you can sit... next to Y/n." Ms. Splora tells him, pointing at you. He looks to you again, and then begins to walk over. 

"Thank you Ma'am." His voice is familiar. Why? The muscluar deep manly handsome tone awakes a memory in you, but what? 

A while into class, you realise you need to talk to him if you're going to get anywhere. But feeling shy, you don't know how. 

"Hey, Thomas?" You touch his shoulder with a shaking finger, "H-how do you do this problem?" He glances at the page and shrugs. 

"I don't know, I was hoping you would." He makes a slightly lopsided smile.

"Well that sucks, because I have n-no clue what the answer is." You shake your head. 

"Me neither." He frowns, looking through the rest of the page. "Actually, I don't understand any of this." 

"Maybe... u-um, we could s-s-study together?" You ask, nervous as ever. How were the words even coming out of your mouth? "You know, a-after school?" You tuck your hair behind your ears shyly.

"Oh! Sure." Thomas nods, smiling a bit. "How about tomorrow, at the public library?" 

"D-definitely!" You agree, surprised it even worked. When he turned back towards his work, you felt accomplished, doing a little dance in your head because you're quirky.