I. || Dᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍʙᴇᴍᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ?

ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ʟɪᴋᴇ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ
ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ?

" ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴄᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɪ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ꜱᴇᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ "

ᴏᴜʀ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ꜱᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ, ᴍᴀᴍᴍᴀ ᴍɪᴀ!

╰┈ I'm going home and all I can think about is the summer of  1970, while I drive back to my hometown Shelby, Indiana. Me and the gang back together again after all this time. We're all going back for Chrissy. Her baby is due soon.

We promised each other that we'd be there for each other if we needed to be. We made that promise in the summer of 1970. And a promise is a promise or as Chrissy told us. We had all grown up. We all have careers and different lives now. I had become an interior designer. When I was little, I'd always be decorating anything and everything I could. Roberta became a doctor. Samantha is an author. "Teeny" is a famous actress. And well you know Chrissy is about to become a mother.
I decided to stop by a corner store to buy a few little things for Chrissy. "Worm? Scott Wormer is that you?" The boy I once knew so well. Was a man now. The man I thought was Scott looked my way and asked "Vera?" "The one and only" I started to walk towards him while holding my gift bag with little trinkets. "Long time. No, see, Wormer" "what you doing back in town? I haven't seen you since we were 17"  "well I went to college and stayed away from Shelby, Indiana for as long as I could." I laughed a little. "Well, it's good to see you, Vee" "you too. Nice talk, I'll see you later" "Not if I see you first" I waved goodbye and walked to my car.

I sat in my car for a moment I hadn't thought about Scott in over 20 years. He and his brothers had made it their mission to ruin me and the gang's summer in '70. Thinking about it feels like summer all over, again.

"VIVI" Chrissy basically screams "It's good to see you too, Chrissy" I hugged her. Roberta grabbed the gift I had for Chrissy and my bag "Picture time" Chrissy snapped a photo "hey" "you look good don't worry!" "SAM!" "Hey gang" I picked up her bags. Then a limo popped into the driveway and honked. "Hey, girls" Teeny "picture!" "You've got to stop!" I laughed as I said that.

"Why don't you write something more relatable, Sam?" "What are you working on anyways?" "My tan" we all laughed at her little remark. "What's on your mind, Vera?" "Nothing" "why do you keep staring at the treehouse?" "I'm just thinking" "about?" "The summer we bought the treehouse" "what about it?" "do you remember that summer?" I looked at everyone they all seemed to have remembered instantly. "how could we forget?"

Annabell speaks  !!
I started to write this story last September and still need to finish it but I thought maybe posting it would give me the motivation to finish it!

Words: 514