Chapter 2: After Work Talks

"I'm home!!" Kitsune called, walking into her house. Jesse had gotten home at around 5:00 p.m., and Kitsune had just gotten home at 5:30. 

Jesse looked over at from the couch, smiling when he saw his wife in the entryway. "There you are! How was work?" He asked. He got up, walking over to her as Kitsune quickly wrapped her arms around him as soon as he was in reach.

"It was good! Pretty fun!" Kitsune chirped in reply, smiling as she felt her husband hug back. "Though I gotta admit- I was pretty surprised when I met my coworker." She remarked. "What about you, Jess? How was your day?"

"Eh, same old stuff, really. Rather mundane. But in comparison to our old job... It's rather preferable." Jesse answered, rubbing the back of his neck. "I must admit- it's strange seeing you get home before I do. Though I don't mind it too much- it's nice to see you come home." He added.

"But enough about that- tell me how your day went! I'm very curious." He stated, as they both sat down on the couch.

Kitsune chuckled a bit, twirling her hair around her finger. "God, where the hell do I even start?" She hummed in thought. "Well, for the place is big. Like, bigger than any daycare I've ever seen. I don't know how many daycares have four giant play structures, a ball pit, and a giant nap area." She stated.

"Goodness- well, I suppose it makes sense. Was there an animatronic there as well? And did they seem... off?" Jesse questioned.

"Yeah, actually. His name is Sun." Kitsune answered. "And... Well, maybe not off, per-se, but really... animated. Alive. Excitable." She explained. "Honestly, he kinda has the personality of a puppy."

Jesse hummed a bit. "I see. Honestly, at this point, I'm not even surprised. Animatronics are basically the franchise's main attraction."

"Agreed. I'm pretty sure there's only five humans working there- including myself." Kitsune remarked. "Though... He did have one rule that kinda struck me as confusing." She stated, tilting her head back as she replayed Sun's words in her mind.

"What was it?"

"The lights have to stay on. And he sounded really serious about it." 

The dark-haired male tilted his head a bit. "Hm... Any idea as to why?" He questioned.

Kitsune shook her head. "No, not in the slightest... But honestly... I am kinda fishy about it. Like- why? Maybe some kids are scared of the dark?" She asked to no one.

"Well... Be careful, alright? I'm still a bit unsure of that place." Jesse stated.

"Way ahead of ya... Hey. I know our Chastiser days are far behind us, but... What if we did a little digging? Perhaps we can find something. Maybe then if we find something off, we'll know what to do." Kitsune suggested.

"Sounds like a plan." Jesse nodded. Though he didn't voice it, he had plenty of concerns. Since Kitsune had brought it up, the lights thing was serious. But why? Did something bad happen if the lights went out?

...Honestly, for Kitsune's sake, he hope they never found out.