Chapter 1: The Sunny Daycare Attendant

That Monday, after meeting up with her boss, Kitsune walked through the expansive building that was the Pizzaplex. It was massive! She knew she was bound to get lost. Given how early it was in the morning, no one was here yet. Which made sense, kids were bound to be at school right now. As she walked through the winding halls, she noticed some of the showtime animatronics. Freddy, Montgomery, Roxanne, and Chica she believed. She didn’t really think much of it, but then did a double-take when Chica gave her an enthusiastic wave.

...There’s no way she just imagined that, right?

Blinking a bit, the redhead waved back. ‘Interesting.. I didn’t think she’d wave at me. Is that programmed, or..?’ She wondered, sighing a bit. “No matter.. I have a daycare to get to. Maybe I can bring it up to Jess later- he can probably help me make sense of it.” She muttered, nodding to herself as she continued walking.

It took a while, but she finally found the -very large- doors to the daycare. Seriously, they were bigger than her and Jesse combined! Taking a deep breath, she pushed past and walked in. The room was.. giant. Colors of all shades were everywhere. Giant play structures were in the center of the room- each with one of the band members’ -Kitsune believed they were called Glamrocks- faces on them. There was a large ball pit with a slide that presumably came from the upper floor. There were small tables, a mini kitchen area, and random stacks of weirdly large blocks.The floors were padded- presumably to keep kids from hurting themselves if they fell. How nice.

Kitsune hummed a bit, adjusting the sun-shaped hair clip in her hair. This was apparently the uniform she was given. It was really cute, but damn, it sure had a lot of celestial themes. Then again, that made sense. It was called the Superstar Daycare. She walked further in, pausing when she heard what sounded like bells. Perhaps it was the five years of being a Chastiser speaking, but sudden noises always made her pause.

“...Hello?” She called, yelping from shock as she suddenly heard an excited, chipper voice come from in front of her.

“Helloooo!! New friend!! What a surprise, it’s been a while since we had some new faces around here! What’s your name?!” He excitedly asked.

Kitsune fell back from fright, panting as she placed a hand on her chest. She stared up at the owner of the voice, slowly processing. All of a sudden, the phrasing of a “human daycare attendant” made more sense. It was an animatronic, which seemed to have a sun motif. He wore jester-like clothing, with bells on his wrists. A wide, cheerful smile was etched onto his face. Sunrays poking out from behind his head were visible. His white eyes were blank- which made him look a little uncanny, but friendly enough she supposed.

“Uhh... Kitsune. My name is Kitsune.” She finally responded, standing up.

“It’s nice to meet you! I’m sorry for giving you such a scare- I was just excited! It isn’t everyday we get new help around here- so I’m really excited to work with you!” The animatronic responded. “Oh!! By the way, my name is Sun- but you can call me Sundrop, or Sunny- whichever ya want!” He chirped.

Kitsune smiled a bit. “It’s... nice to meet you too, Sun. Sorry if I seem a little... dazed. I’m used to a lot of things, but talking animatronics ain’t one of em.” She remarked.

“Oh, no, no! I understand! I’m sorry if I was a bit much!” Sun fretted.

“It’s alright, it’s alright.” Kitsune assured, patting his shoulder. “Trust me, this.. This is refreshing compared to other bullshimmery I’ve had to deal with in the past.” She stated, shuddering a bit at some of her memories. “God, I still see that damned room with the veins in my nightmares..”

Sun seemed to hum in concern. (Since when could they hum? Obviously she missed some technical advancements.) “I… I’m not sure what happened to you, new friend, but I feel like that’s a story for another time.” He shook his head.

“But a story you’ll have to tell without kids around! We don’t want them to have any nightmares!” He remarked. “Oh and! While I’m talking, I’d like you to know there’s really only one rule. The lights. Stay. On.” He informed, his voice dead serious as he pointed up to the fluorescent lights that were overhead.

“I had no intention of turning em off, so you’re good.” Kitsune responded, shrugging a little. “Anyways, we’ve got a bit of time before the kids get here, so why don’t you show me around?” She asked.

Sun seemed to light up at hearing that. “Yes, yes, of course!! Come on, new friend, I’ll give you the grand tour!” He cheered, grabbing her wrist as he excitedly showed her around the daycare. Kitsune couldn’t help but smile. He was quite the eccentric character, but really friendly nonetheless.

Perhaps, the rumors aside, she’d have a lot of fun working at this place afterall.