Mouse chase

The raging man grabbed the two thugs by their tattered collars and bashed their heads together. Right in front of me. Only inches from my face.

I tried to escape to either side of the man but he boxed me in every time. The only way away from him was a door leading into the hotel. Without further thought I quickly feinted to the left and bolted for the door to the right. The door was stuck. There was a sudden pressure from behind that was powerful enough to swing the door open and leave me face fist with grimy carpet. The pressure was still on top of me and I squirmed out from underneath it. Once free I ran down the hallway just ahead, but not without a glance back to confirm that the savage man was sprawled on the ground. For some funny reason I didn't think he is going to stay down fro long. I wasn't going to stick around to find out.

My feet carried me further away with every minute. They carried me to a vast room that looked like it once was a lobby. However there was not doubt that it had been abandoned for a long period of time. From what I could see in the dim light there were at least a couple ceiling beams in various positions on the floor.

After looking, more like feeling, for a while I found another doorway and a hallway. There was heavy foot falls behind me and no small amount of breaking noises. Despite the very destructive racket being made the steps were coming closer at an alarming pace. Soon I could see a faint shadow and decided to try locking myself in one of the many rooms. I chose the next intact door and dived for it. The door was opened and nearly closed but a strong hand stopped it. Then it ripped the door open. My hands slipped from the door knob before I could be carried with the door. I was already too close to the savage then I was sure was acceptable. He however seemed to think that lunging for an innocent girl was perfectly within proper decorum.

I squeaked and backed up out of his reach. A quick glance around the room sealed away any hope I had of escape. The two windows in the room had cross bars in place.

My heart started to beat faster. I started to feel as if this person could hurt me. The only time that I could remember terror this potent was when a three year old boy on my pre-school playground attacked me. Strangely I don't recall anything of the attack after seeing the boy run at me screaming. I was sent back to the orphanage after that incident.

My back pressed up against the wall behind me, I was too afraid to make any other noise except small unhinged snips. The savage had been circling me, or it seemed, while I had been lost in thought. Now that it appeared that he had gotten a good look at me he again charged me.

Before he was even close enough to touch me I was down with my head on my knees and my hands above my head and my eyes were squeezed shut as I awaited my doom. Every second felt like a minute that was agonizing long but terrifyingly brief. I felt like fainting.

There was a loud thump and growls accompanied by nails on something hard haunted my ears. Like hornets attacking my brain. Some how the black of my eyelids had obsidian blotches. However, before I could contemplate this rather disturbing thought the blotches became a blanket and I knew no more.