2nd

Whenever Hyunjung was in Seoul, she spent as much time as possible in the tiny, cozy coffee shop on the edge of the city.

She found it in the early years of being an apprentice, when walking the streets of Seoul one restless day. Since then, Hyunjung has always found time to relax there and drink a cup of coffee, her only concern being the husky smell of the said beverage mixed with the sweet smell of baked goods and the scratch of her pen against paper.

This afternoon, when the scintillating sun was setting, was no different. Hyunjung breathed in the smell of coffee, the taste of the hot caffeine infusion warming her mouth. She looked down at her thick hunter's journal, and as the day went on, the entry for Kim Jiyeon became filled with her handwriting.

It was easier to concentrate without the noise and bustle of the Seoul streets or the lonely silence in her bedroom. Hyunjung liked to watch the people pass by, apart from her, separated from the glass, where she could observe them from the window. The employees had gotten to know her over the years, and though they knew not to bother her, they were also kind and civil.

Hyunjung really couldn't think of a better place to deliberate on her most recent hunt.

She turned her head away from the window and back to the notes in her journal entry, which she would later formulate into a proper report.

Kim Jiyeon.
Born in approximately the mid-18th century. Speciality: vampiric influence. She currently resides in Seoul.
Origin: undecided.
Purpose: undecided.
Risk to humanity: undecided. 

Hyunjung scoffed at the last note. She knew better than to think Jiyeon was harmless; even her appearance screamed 'bloodthirsty killer'.

Though something also told her that Jiyeon would have a soul that surprised her more than any other vampire she had met, Hyunjung had never based, and would never trust appearances. There was always an underneath to everyone, human or otherwise, that she was far more interested in.

But maybe Jiyeon was right, Hyunjung considered, as the sun finally set. There certainly was something romantic about Hyunjung. It was true that she liked the aesthetics of a hunter, loved the darkness of the night, the—

The smell of a familiar perfume distracted Hyunjung from her thoughts. She froze and almost choked on her cup of coffee when Jiyeon, clad in a beige coat and white blouse, slipped into the chair in front of her.

She regarded Hyunjung with a smile, the teasing glint already sparkling in her eyes. Hyunjung's heart fluttered, and she easily dismissed it as a vampiric influence, despite knowing that her rosemary was still wrapped heavily around her neck.

"What would you recommend?" Jiyeon skimmed the menu curiously, "Oh, a pumpkin spice latte? I suppose it would be nice, since autumn has arrived—"

The chair scraped against the floor as Hyunjung hastily stood up. The whole room turned to stare at her as she glared at the vampire in front of her and grabbed the stake from her bag, holding it straight in Jiyeon's face.

Instead of the 'What are you doing here?' that she planned to ask, Hyunjung said something completely different.

"I've never met a vampire who drank coffee."

Jiyeon's smile widened, "I'm a modern vampire." She said. "Now put the stake down, darling. You're disturbing the other customers."