Ch 8. Serpens, Rebirth

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from Penthouse. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Before we start, let me remind you of Haneul f4 ( ˘ ³˘)♥

And yeah, the video up there is the inspiration for one scene in here

Hope you enjoy the new chapter. (^.^)

Italic means past scenes

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================
***

"My daughter, congratulations on your entry into Haneul's school and successfully occupying the first position!" Rona saw her mother in front of her clapping happily, a happy smile clearly visible on her face. In front of her, there's a cake that her mother prepared as a celebration of her entry into Haneul's school. Unknowingly, her memory flashed back to when her mother also gave all of this as a celebration of her entry into Cheong A. The similarity between several events in her past and the time when she turned back time was no different.

"Rona-ya, what are you thinking?"

"Huh?" Her mother's question interrupted her thoughts.

"Blow the candles!" Her mother looked at her in wonder before pointing at the cake in front of her.

"Ah!" She then obeyed her mother's order. And as soon as she blew out the candle, her mother clapped happily again. Her behavior made her smile.

"Well, now let's eat the tteokbokki." Her mother then took a serving of her favorite food and placed it in front of her after shifting the cake. A serving of spicy food that had been her favorite since childhood was now tempting her to eat. She then looked at her mother who was still struggling to find a position to put the cake in. Unknowingly, a tear fell down her cheek which she wiped away before her mother saw it.

"Omma, I miss eating tteokbokki with you." The phrase longing for the moment between her and her mother she couldn't stop from coming out of her mouth.

"Right, we haven't eaten this together in a long time." Her mother nodded in agreement.

"I miss your tteokbokki. It tastes so much better." She said after chewing the tteokbokki she put in her mouth.

"Really?" She saw her mother staring at her in disbelief.

"Eung!" She responded by nodding.

"You never said it."

"After trying tteokbokki from various places, I realized that nothing is as good as yours." This word of praise was a sincere compliment from her. Because that's how it really is.

"Tch, it's so strange hearing it from you. You've never complimented me like this." Her mother responded to her compliments suspiciously.

"That's why I'm now saying things I never had time to say." And again, that's the truth. She never praised her mother's cooking in front of her even though she knew that the food her mother cooked was the best. Therefore, now she gave praise that she has not had time to give to her mother.